Is calcification reversable?

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Is calcification reversable?

Post by Orangeblossom »

I don't understand how HBAC1 can go down with increased carbs, as it is a measure of glycated haemoglobin, therefore I thought, was to do with carbs...confused.
sarahb12
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by sarahb12 »

Also, there is the theory that plaque forms due to low grade infections -because they find the microbe in they plaque itself. Often the culprit is the gums/teeth, so being vigilant on that front is good too. They also find the microbes in the brains also of alzheimers victims.
E3/E4
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

Well, another reason do cut down our carbs / sugar I guess, less plaque!
Kathleen1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Kathleen1 »

I am looking forward to hearing any updates for folks who have had a repeat coronary calcium scan after trying one or another of the options in this thread. I simply added the statin after I got my awful results (taking a little less than the doc advised given the numbers I am shooting for and the cognitive effects I experienced) and to address the cardiovascular risk category I fit ( lots of cardiac sudden deaths in my family-- an event likely in the next decade). I continued the rest of the standard program with a little better adherence to exercise and sleep protection. I had planned to move my BMI down a bit more (24 now) but have been a slacker. Pretty low carb, using fish and chicken, still with a glass of wine, supplements.