Tramiprosate: a silver bullet for 4/4 carriers?

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Tramiprosate: a silver bullet for 4/4 carriers?

Post by NF52 »

Heterozygote Dave wrote:This is follow up to my Oct 23 2020 post : I am 60 year old APOE 3/4 Hetero-zygote (previously?) with Alzheimer's taking Homotaurine (HT)...I researched the ALZ-801 case today and see they are off to more testing groups in second quarter of 2021 and that they identified a new brain chemical apparently brought forth by the HT.

I wish everyone the life saving positive outcome I have experienced.
Hi Dave,
Thanks for posting your great results with homotaurine. Since you mentioned ALZ-801, I thought I'd share the link from our new wiki ApoE4 Research: Why and How You Can Accelerate Alzheimer's Research for ApoE4 Carriers.

Biomarker Effects of ALZ-801 in APOE4 Carriers With Early Alzheimer's Disease is a Phase 2 clinical trial of ALZ-801 with primary outcomes focused on safety and secondary outcomes measured by 5 assessment of verbal, visual-spatial, memory and daily living skills. The locations are in the Czech Republic and the Nethlerlands:

According to Alzheon's website, if they achieve "promising biomarker results" they will file a "supplemental new drug application" to start a "Prevention Study in Asymptomatic ApoE 4/4s. Alzheon

Although they project this happening in late 2021, it seems likely it would be sometime in 2022. Looks like you're getting an early start on the research!
4/4 and still an optimist!
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Heterozygote Dave wrote:This is follow up to my Oct 23 2020 post : I am 60 year old APOE 3/4 Hetero-zygote (previously?) with Alzheimer's taking Homotaurine (HT).

March 10 2020: After a month or so pause, I am taking 50Mg HT once every week . I am completely clear and, because it is no longer a problem, I rarely think about my previous cognitive issues. No nausea and no overly aggressive impulses at 50Mg per week. Hard to believe such a small amount is so effective.

I am back to business and hobbies with all the memories still in place, locate-able on demand. From the experience, I believe the small chemistry change in my brain has prevented currents and eddies from "shorting out" through the actual fluid or plaque floating / forming in the fluid. Although I occasionally have a second of confusion, I can quickly recover. It is analogous of a modern auto with water or oil shorting out the computerized electrical systems. One squirt of the correct cleaner in the right place and it runs like new. Now that all is running right, its easy to recognize that there was a steady decrease in performance over time until the brain / car was sputtering under load.

I researched the ALZ-801 case today and see they are off to more testing groups in second quarter of 2021 and that they identified a new brain chemical apparently brought forth by the HT.

I wish everyone the life saving positive outcome I have experienced.
Thank you for posting the follow up. It is exciting to read about your finding the dosage that works for you and about the impressive benefits you’ve experienced.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

The news keeps getting better and better for this intervention. See the latest update in ALZ-801 for 2 years seen to sustain cognition in early Alzheimer’s.

-Improved cognition; not "slowing" of decline: 24% significant improvement in the RAVLT total score
-No increased risk of brain swelling and bleeds
-Preservation of hippocampus volume as well as the thickness of the cerebral cortex
-Reduced abeta: toxic amyloid-beta42 form dropped steadily during the treatment period, reaching a statistically significant 4% reduction from the trial’s start by the two-year mark. Amyloid-beta40, also decreased until one year, then stabilized by two years
-sustained reduction of plasma p-tau181

We have lots of "celebration" threads on our site, but this one looks like the real deal for ApoE4 carriers. God willing.
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

Is there any talk of doing a trial with pre-symptomatic 4/4s yet?
Sonoma Mike
4/4
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

mike wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:31 pm Is there any talk of doing a trial with pre-symptomatic 4/4s yet?
I spoke with an Alzheon rep at the AAIC conference in Amsterdam about the enthusiasm for a prevention trial for ApoE 4/4s and he seemed to indicate it's coming. (They never want to get ahead of their skis on trials!)

It's on the website at projected for 2024, which realistically probably means 2025 to roll out.
ALZ-801 pipeline.png

https://alzheon.com/pipeline/alzheon-alz-801/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4/4 and still an optimist!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Julie G wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:57 pm The news keeps getting better and better for this intervention. See the latest update in ALZ-801 for 2 years seen to sustain cognition in early Alzheimer’s.

-Improved cognition; not "slowing" of decline: 24% significant improvement in the RAVLT total score
-No increased risk of brain swelling and bleeds
-Preservation of hippocampus volume as well as the thickness of the cerebral cortex
-Reduced abeta: toxic amyloid-beta42 form dropped steadily during the treatment period, reaching a statistically significant 4% reduction from the trial’s start by the two-year mark. Amyloid-beta40, also decreased until one year, then stabilized by two years
-sustained reduction of plasma p-tau181

We have lots of "celebration" threads on our site, but this one looks like the real deal for ApoE4 carriers. God willing.
Nice! :)
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I spoke with an Alzheon rep at the AAIC conference in Amsterdam about the enthusiasm for a prevention trial for ApoE 4/4s and he seemed to indicate it's coming. (They never want to get ahead of their skis on trials!)
Not to mention that many here are already using this as a part of their personalized protocols. I was convinced enough by this last report to place a large order.

There is some question about whether or not (homataurine) will remain available OTC as this advances, so I've recently placed a large order. The Apollo Health team is also coordinating with a supplement company to create their own version and to keep it available to consumers.
nicolewilbanks
New User
New User

Post by nicolewilbanks »

"Not to mention that many here are already using this as a part of their personalized protocols. I was convinced enough by this last report to place a large order."

Julie, do you mind sharing what brand of homataurine you purchased? I'm an ApoE 4/4 as well and I'm just trying to fight the fight.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

nicolewilbanks wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:58 pm Julie, do you mind sharing what brand of homataurine you purchased?
This is the only supplement source I'm aware of, and all that have posted here about taking it are using this source, as far as I'm aware. See this thread. This is not an endorsement of this source's product, just the only one I'm aware of (and I take it).
Tincup
E3,E4
TPE
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TPE »

nicolewilbanks wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:58 pm "Not to mention that many here are already using this as a part of their personalized protocols. I was convinced enough by this last report to place a large order."

Julie, do you mind sharing what brand of homataurine you purchased? I'm an ApoE 4/4 as well and I'm just trying to fight the fight.
Hello nicolewilbanks,

Thank you for joining our site and posting in the forum.

I see that Tincup answered your question regarding Homotaurine. As a Support Team Intern, I have the good fortune of officially welcoming you to the site as someone who has posted here for the first time.

I can share several tools & resources to help you get the most out of your experience if you would like to explore the site in more detail. The Primer is a detailed and informative resource written by a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4. It includes information about the biochemistry of the ApoE4 gene and offers a variety of research-based prevention strategies.

Some helpful tips to navigate the site include the How-To Guide. It includes topics such as navigating the forum, private messaging, and searching. One great tip is using the quote (") button when replying to a post. Using the button will automatically alert the member of your response.

Consider exploring the Wiki Main Page if you are interested in finding information about a specific topic.

If you are interested in learning more about other members check out Our Stories.

Again, I am so glad you joined our forum. Consider sharing your story. We would love to hear from you.

Warmly,
Therese (TPE)
Daughter of Mother living with Vascular Dementia
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
Nationally Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC)
Still learning