Nicotine Patch

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Nicotine Patch

Post by bosco »

I'm not sure where to go to post a question. I've read a couple of articles about the positive effect of a nicotine patch on memory. One article is from Vanderbilt University and seems to be titled "Study explores nicotine patch to treat memory loss". The study appears to be headed by Paul Newhouse, M.D. The other is an excerpt from a book entitled " Smarter - the New Science of Building Brain Power", by Dan Hurley. Does anyone have information, experience, thoughts about the Nicotine patch.
Thanks,
Bosco
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dr. Bredesen is Answering Questions Live on FB_12/4@4:30pm

Post by Jan »

Hi, bosco...

Thread titles are reflected at the top of each page (this one is a different subject from the nicotine patch). A good place to start to find information is the Search function of the site - click the three stacked squares at the top right of the page, and enter your subject into the search line. Searching "nicotine" gives these results:

search.php?keywords=nicotine&terms=all& ... mit=Search

To post a new topic, click Board Index at the top left of any page, there will be a list of all the different Forums, choose the one your subject belongs in, and click New Post. Give it a title, then post.

The paper and book you mentioned, I think, are these:

https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2015/10/29/ ... mory-loss/

I don't have personal experience of the nicotine patch, but perhaps others do and will chime in.

Those are the mechanics of using the site. If you have any additional questions, feel free to PM (private message) me, or any of the site Support Team Interns. Using these guidelines will help us keep the forums in order, and a bit tidier. But by all means, do post any questions you have!

Oh, and, if possible, if you use Amazon, please consider going to https://smile.amazon.com/ and selecting ApoE4.info to benefit from any purchases made. (We're all volunteers, donating our time around work and family schedules to keep the site running and helpful.) :-)
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Nicotine Patch

Post by SusanJ »

Hi bosco, Jan filled you in on how to search, and I split your question into it's own thread so your question will be more obvious.

Here's a review on what is known about nicotine and AD:

https://www.alzdiscovery.org/cognitive- ... s/nicotine
Bettylacy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Nicotine Patch

Post by Bettylacy »

Hi Bosch, THere are so many other supplements and lifestyle changes on the Bredesen Program that for now just putting these in place slowly but surely is enough. Check out the query on best practices that was posed. Some interesting responses. Welcome Bosch!
APOe 3/4; If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together. African proverb. :D