APOE Cube. Find out your genotype in an hour. Very cool!

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

APOE Cube. Find out your genotype in an hour. Very cool!

Post by J11 »

Very cool technology!
Article said that this created a lot of buzz at AD events.
Wonder if they also could make an RAB10 cube?

http://www.alzforum.org/news/conference ... abapalooza
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: APOE Cube. Find out your genotype in an hour. Very cool!

Post by circular »

They could probably make a cube for any SNP (?), and I suspect it won’t be long before there will be a whole genome cube. Interesting to read how people are going after the free ApoE genotype gets in droves (relatively speaking, but I’m not sure relative to what ;) ) I recommend it’s use come with info where to find a genetic counselor and this forum for those who get the results, but maybe we’re not scientific enough for the research community using these gizmos.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Re: APOE Cube. Find out your genotype in an hour. Very cool!

Post by J11 »

circ, this technology could lead us to an Orwellian world... perhaps they could have them at schools dances.
Yet, most on our thread are now well past such a narrative.

Remaining in the dark whether you are at risk for severe neurodegeneration really is not a great strategy.
Knowledge truly is power.

I suspect many of those on this site who on paper should be at high AD risk will through their efforts wind
up being at lower than average AD risk. Might have to change the variant annotations to reflect the
environmental influence on outcomes of knowing that one is at risk for neurodegeneration: would be a
somewhat counterintuitive finding.