How much protein to eat?

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: How much protein to eat?

Post by mike »

paddleperson wrote:Mike just curious. Is that 40 Grams total carbs or net? Thinking about fiber...
Thanks
Net. And this varies based on sex and height.
Sonoma Mike
4/4
dcox
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How much protein to eat?

Post by dcox »

paddleperson wrote:
mike wrote:
Tincup wrote: 40 Grams Carbs

Mike just curious. Is that 40 Grams total carbs or net? Thinking about fiber...
Thanks
Welcome paddleperson!
Thank you for posting and your interest in diet (protein, carbs and fiber). Thinking about fiber is a great topic and is something almost every person is low in. By uping our intake of soluble and insoluble fiber we are feeding our gut microbiome and supporting overall gut health, which is so important as 70+% of our immune system originates in the gut. A healthy gut helps keep our brain healthy as well.

I see that you first posted back in May 2017 about Brain FM. I'm not familiar with that app, but am a true believer in music as a great tool to help with brain health and overall health. Music can relieve stress, put us in a state of rest and digest (parasympathetic nervous system), and bring us joy and peace. I have tried another app for relaxation similar to Brain FM, the name isn't coming to me right now, I was amazed at how it calmed and focused me.

We would love to hear more about your story and what brought you to ApoE4.info, please feel free to post your story on the Our Stories page.

Since you have been with us for a while you may have already come across these helpful pages that make navigating the site a little easier: Wiki Page, where you will find some more in depth topics and a lot of great information on specific diet topics; the Primer, written by Stavia one of our most active members a Doctor, and E4/E4 herself, this is an amazing place to start as she truly put her heart into writing it; and this page will help you learn how to use the site more efficiently "How-To" Get the most out of the ApoE4.info website.

I encourage you to explore the site, as you have probably already noticed this is a very knowledgeable, passionate, and supportive community all working together to reverse, prevent and stop AD in its tracks.

Feel free to reach out to me or anyone else on the site if you have any questions.

Find your joy and hope in each new day and each new discovery along your path,
Deb
Deb
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Enrolled in Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches
Choose Hope