Plasmalogens- exciting new evidence

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
TreeHugger
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Plasmalogens- exciting new evidence

Post by TreeHugger »

Connecting some dots: Low membrane plasmalogens correlates with dementia and inorganic mercury makes cell membranes more rigid by preferentially damaging plasmalogens.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 3617301062
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 3617304066
TreeHugger
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TreeHugger »

Since desaturase is the final conversion step of Prodrome-Neuro to plasmalogen and I am homozygous for many, many FADS2 and FADS1 SNPs, will these SNPs result in less plasmalogen per fixed dose of Prodrome-Neuro?
Dayan Goodenowe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dayan Goodenowe »

Hi Babl,
Plasmalogen blood levels are measured as part of the ProdromeScan blood test https://www.prodromesciences.com/blood-tests. From there, you can get more info. We just completed a single dose Phase I study in 6 adults (4 male, 2 female). We all took a single 100mg/kg dose of Prodrome-Neuro (about 10x the normal daily dose) and measured blood levels. We are preparing a presentation for a conference next week, which I will post for the community. In the meantime, here is some preliminary data in 3 of us. In all cases, the levels of the target DHA plasmalogen was significantly elevated by 12 hours and this elevation was still present at 24 hours. Even at this high dose, no adverse reactions were observed. The Prodrome-Neuro Oil is doing exactly what it is was designed to do. Modest daily dosing will raise and maintain blood levels to levels shown to be protective in human epidemiological and animal models.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
babl
Contributor
Contributor

Post by babl »

Dayan Goodenowe wrote:Hi Babl,
Plasmalogen blood levels are measured as part of the ProdromeScan blood test https://www.prodromesciences.com/blood-tests. From there, you can get more info.
Good to know! Thanks for the link and info. I'd missed that page on the Prodrome Sciences website before.
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

I contacted Prodrome Sciences about testing and am sharing their reply here. OpenCures is the distributor for the Prodrome assay:
There are essentially two options to get your blood levels tested:
1. We can arrange for a mobile phlebotomist to come to a specified location and draw your blood, store and ship the sample to our lab. The cost for this is approximately $150 on top of the assay.
2. Alternatively, a physical location that does blood draws would be much cheaper.

The test itself is $300 dollars plus shipping and handling of the kit. The kit comes with everything you will need for the draw and shipping process. The single test will give you results for plasmalogen and phosphatidylcholine levels, as well as over 200 additional health biomarkers.
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
TreeHugger
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TreeHugger »

I have obtained samples of research use only raw plasmalogen precursor from Prodrome Sciences (the final product is still in development). I am writing this post to document my experience so far with this raw material.

1) Enhanced energy starting shortly after ingestion and lasting for a few hours. This effect only lasted for the first few days.

2) Improved sleep: In the last 5 months I’ve been waking at night with the urge to urinate. This issue has completely resolved. Also I have less daytime need to urinate with no change in liquid consumption.

3) Reduced pain in my hands and feet upon waking. I’ve had this pain for at least 15 years. It has been lessened by high dose magnesium (>= 1 gram daily), high dose vitamin C (>= 8 grams daily), low dose naltrexone (0.5 mg nightly), and now Prodrome-Neuro. I find that stacking multiple interventions increases this effect.

4) I use a low dose, high frequency chelation protocol with RS-ALA to reduce my tissue burden of mercury. I increased my dosage by 33% with almost no noticeable side effects. I typically have cognitive symptoms when starting to chelate and when I stop, especially when increasing my dosage.

I supplement each day with 600 mg of lysoPC-DHA via Romega fish roe extract.
babl
Contributor
Contributor

Post by babl »

Any news on the Indiegogo campaign? I got my T-shirt a couple of weeks ago. Just checked the Indiegogo page and I see the campaign is now closed. I seem to recall a mention of shipments beginning in February of this year for the oil, though I understand delays are quite common. Didn't see any recent updates on the Indiegogo page other than the mention of t-shirts being shipped. Just curious if anyone has any more information about it?
Grace
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Grace »

Julie G wrote: we can fairly easily work towards raising HDL and lowering TGs.
Can you please elaborate on this in any detail available? Thank you Julie.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Can you please elaborate on this in any detail available? Thank you Julie.
Waves, Grace! Nice to see you posting. :D In his presentation, Dr. Goodenowe found a strong correlation between high HDL and low TGs. So, in lieu of being able to directly test, these may serve as decent surrogate markers.
Jaque
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jaque »

"Thus far there has been no correlation between plasmalogen deficiency and ApoE genotype, implicating that plasmalogen deficiency is an independent marker [83]."
[83] https://doi.org/10.2174/1567205052772786