Plasmalogens- exciting new evidence

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Plasmalogens- exciting new evidence

Post by Plumster »

User,

I contacted Prodrome Sciences about testing and am sharing their reply here. OpenCures is the distributor for the Prodrome assay:

There are essentially two options to get your blood levels tested:
1. We can arrange for a mobile phlebotomist to come to a specified location and draw your blood, store and ship the sample to our lab. The cost for this is approximately $150 on top of the assay.
2. Alternatively, a physical location that does blood draws would be much cheaper.

The test itself is $300 dollars plus shipping and handling of the kit. The kit comes with everything you will need for the draw and shipping process. The single test will give you results for plasmalogen and phosphatidylcholine levels, as well as over 200 additional health biomarkers.
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Neuroplas NMR results

Post by floramaria »

user wrote: If you don't mind saying, how much was the test?
hi user, I wouldn’t mind saying. At the time I got my test the retail price was $499; but I bought a bundle of products including 2 test kits from Prodrome that was offered after I listened to an interview with Dr Goodenowe on the Apollo Health website, and got a reduced price for the package. I don’t know what it worked out for per test kit because the bundle also included bottles of plasmalogen supplement.

Plumster (post right above this one ) got her ProdromeScan more recently and at a lower price. Her information is more current than mine.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
user
Contributor
Contributor

Post by user »

Plumster wrote: I contacted Prodrome Sciences about testing and am sharing their reply here. OpenCures is the distributor for the Prodrome assay:

There are essentially two options to get your blood levels tested:
1. We can arrange for a mobile phlebotomist to come to a specified location and draw your blood, store and ship the sample to our lab. The cost for this is approximately $150 on top of the assay.
2. Alternatively, a physical location that does blood draws would be much cheaper.

The test itself is $300 dollars plus shipping and handling of the kit.
Thank you, I found the website I think, https://prodrome.com/product/blood-test-kit-draw-test/ I wonder is the website out of date or did they give you some special offer?

Also do you need a physician to order it or can anyone order the test?
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

User,

I'm sorry, I don't know. I just inquired into price with them about a year ago, I didn't order the test.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Neuroplas NMR results

Post by floramaria »

user wrote: If you don't mind saying, how much was the test?
Sorry for adding to confusion. My assumption that Plumster’s information was more current than my own was wrong. On the website, Prodrome.com, the retail price is still $499.00. The mobile blood draw is $179.00. I believe you can order both directly , without going through a practitioner.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

I have gotten my ProdromeScan results which showed several positives like good levels of Omega 3's and Omega 3:Omega 6, and also generally good plasmalogen levels. Healthy lipid profile overall but I am going for optimal, not good. Main problem areas shown in report are that gastrointestinal tract acids are low and the section on mitochondrial function indicates that I have "leaky mitochondria".
Based on my ProdromeScan results, I will begin to supplement with ProdromeNeuro, ProdromeGlia, and Prodrome GTAs. I plan to re-test after several months following this protocol. I'll let you know how that turns out.
user
Contributor
Contributor

Post by user »

floramaria wrote:and also generally good plasmalogen levels
Thanks what is the range of plasmalogen levels? What is considered good/optimal? Look forward to hearing any benefits from supplementation
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

user wrote:
floramaria wrote:and also generally good plasmalogen levels
Thanks what is the range of plasmalogen levels? What is considered good/optimal? Look forward to hearing any benefits from supplementation
Most of the values on the Prodrome Scan Report range from 0-100%. What is included in the ProdromeScan is not a simple "you have X % plamalogens"; instead it is looking at relative values of many different phospholipids and how well plasmalogens are synthesized in the body among a lot of other things. In a presentation by Dr Goodenowe, there was a slide where optimal plasmalogens were at the 95th percentile.
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

How are you all going about the maintenance dose after having taken the ProdromeNeuro for a year? How much and how often?
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Plumster wrote:How are you all going about the maintenance dose after having taken the ProdromeNeuro for a year? How much and how often?
Hi Plumster, I just started taking ProdromeNeuro and ProdromeGlia in late February. I plan to test again in late July to see how the levels are, and what Dr Goodenowe recommends based on the new report. I’ll report back then.