High FIBER reduces brain inflammation via several different mechanisms

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: High FIBER reduces brain inflammation via several different mechanisms

Post by circular »

Anyone have a good recipe for dandelion greens? I tend to like some bitterness, but these, along with mustard greens, are just too bitter for me. Fat does balance the bitterness, but dousing in olive oil gets a little old and I find myself passing these goodies up.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
BrianR
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by BrianR »

The usual recommendations are: add strong flavors like garlic and onion (or perhaps bacon if you're into that), add salt, add acids.
Rainbow
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Rainbow »

circular wrote:When I was using Keurig K-Cups (until two days ago!), after using one once, I would then run it through on the tiny cup size with chicory root in the bottom of the cup. The chicory balanced out the weakness of the second pass through the K-Cup and this was my 'second cup of coffee'. I suppose this would work anytime you want to squeeze another cup out of whatever brew method you use.
Sounds great! I've often stirred it into hot coffee. It seems to dissolve easily and the inulin adds some sweetness.
4/4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Rainbow wrote:I've often stirred it into hot coffee. It seems to dissolve easily and the inulin adds some sweetness.
Hmmmm, my doesn't dissolve! I end up chewing it at the end :lol: :?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Rainbow
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Rainbow »

circular wrote:Hmmmm, my doesn't dissolve! I end up chewing it at the end :lol: :?
I was using this stuff: http://www.chicorycup.com

Found it in a grocery store back in South Africa, but it seems to be imported. It's supposed to be pure roasted chicory root.
4/4