Peter Attia interviews Thomas Dayspring on lipidology - 5 part series

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
BrianR
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Peter Attia interviews Thomas Dayspring on lipidology - 5 part series

Post by BrianR »

To capture this for easy future reference. Here are links to the Peter Attia - Tom Dayspring interview sessions:

Part I of V: an introduction to lipidology
Part II of V: Lipid metrics, lipid measurements, and cholesterol regulation
Part III of V: HDL, reverse cholesterol transport, CETP inhibitors, and apolipoproteins
Part IV of V: statins, ezetimibe, PCSK9 inhibitors, niacin, cholesterol and the brain
Part V of V: Lp(a), inflammation, oxLDL, remnants, and more

and the reference page: Narrative glossary: lipids

The show notes on the web pages include transcripts, diagrams and additional observations.

The technical content in Part I starts at about 56 minutes, for those that don't like personal reminisces.

-Brian
JimBG
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Peter Attia interviews Thomas Dayspring on lipidology - 5 part series

Post by JimBG »

Thanks for posting this Brian. Just finished listening to Part V. I am overwhelmed with the complexity of all this. Anyone who thinks they have lipids all figured out hasn't studied them deeply enough. The podcasts are a great education. If there is one part I would especially recommend it is Part IV. Anyone interested in statins and other treatment modalities would find it of great interest. I'm sure most, if not all physicians/cardiologists would benefit from a listen or transcript read. It was evident Peter learned a few things.
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

Thank you for posting all the links together!
I am sure the content is mind blowing!
This is definitely high on my "things to do list"!

Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

w.o.w- This is bringing up a lot of questions for me. I've previously listened to/read all of Attia's "Straight Dope on Cholesterol" and thought I had a handle on this stuff. Clearly not. I'm humbled by all that I don't know and all of the new stuff that's come up since. I've almost made it through them all, but will hold my questions until the end.

I will say it's been fun to follow the evolution of both Attia and Dayspring. Remember when Attia was the nutritional ketosis spokesmodel? I also like to think that we (cough ;) ) had a hand in Dayspring's health transformation. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Brian. Great stuff!
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Dayspring is so compelling-fabulous podcast!!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

BrianR wrote: The technical content in Part I starts at about 56 minutes, for those that don't like personal reminisces.

-Brian
Thanks for pulling these together, and thanks especially for this tip! Too much chit chat in an interview drives me bananas.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.