If you use a device running an Android version prior to 7.1.1, beginning January 11 your access from that device to this site and many others will be impaired. For details and solutions, see this topic.

New paper from Dr. Bredesen/larger dataset

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

New paper from Dr. Bredesen/larger dataset

Postby Julie G » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:02 am

Here's an expansion from the original Reversal of cognitive decline: a novel therapeutic program. Encouraging!
RCD 100 final.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

efcole
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New paper from Dr. Bredesen/larger dataset

Postby efcole » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:46 pm

So interesting! Thanks Julie. One question - I see at the top of the paper that Dr. Bredesen's affiliation is noted as UCLA. I thought I read from his book that he was at the Buck Institute, so maybe he moved? Just curious.

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby circular » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:18 pm

Wow, a lot of work put in by a lot of people there.
efcole wrote:I see at the top of the paper that Dr. Bredesen's affiliation is noted as UCLA. I thought I read from his book that he was at the Buck Institute, so maybe he moved? Just curious.

As far as I know he's still affiliated with both :)
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.

mwhr
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mwhr » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:14 am

I am 3/3 and see that this recent paper includes a large number of 3/3 patients with cognitive impairment and with improvement with RECODE. I am encouraged wrt my memory issues.
Glad to participate.

Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Fiver » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:51 pm

The paper gets right to the point and doesn't rehash the protocol. The N=100 is pretty darn impressive given the time and expense of collecting this type of data on people following the protocol. I really hope this reaches general practitioners so that the "average" patient can hear that there is something that may help.
Concerned, but hopeful. Introverted, but will talk about science.

Batwoman
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Batwoman » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:13 pm

Do you have the title and Journal name? The link does not work. Thanks. Lizzy M.

TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Postby TheresaB » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Batwoman wrote:Do you have the title and Journal name? The link does not work. Thanks. Lizzy M.

Lizzy,

try https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/reversal-of-cognitive-decline-100-patients-2161-0460-1000450.pdf

Otherwise , It's "Reversal of Cognitive Decline: 100 Patients" from the Journal of Alzheimer's and Parkinsonism, DOI: 10.4172/2161-0460.1000450
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4

Magda
Support Team
Support Team

Postby Magda » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:11 pm

Batwoman wrote:Do you have the title and Journal name? The link does not work. Thanks. Lizzy M.

Welcome to the site Lizzy,
I do not have information you are looking for but I think TheresaB has inserted some more details.
Let us know if you have more questions on that topic.

If you have not find it yet, I would like to send you to the part of the site called the PRIMER:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418
It is like a roadmap, perfect starting point on your journey. It is filled with valuable information and prevention strategies. It has been written by our member- dr Stavia.
If you would like to learn more on how does the forum functions, this would be a good place to visit:
https://www.apoe4.info/wiki/%22How-To%2 ... fo_website

We would like to learn more about you; what brings you to the site and how can we help you. Whenever you feel ready to share your story with us please post here:
viewforum.php?f=2

We are glad to have you here!

My best,
Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline

TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Postby TheresaB » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:09 am

You can also find links to Dr Bredesen's papers and some of his interviews/presentations in our wiki. Bredesen Protocol
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4

connie zweig
Contributor
Contributor

Postby connie zweig » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:59 pm

Bredesen has now trained many practitioners in his protocol.
https://www.drbredesen.com/practitioners

Following his initial findings, i put myself on the program, adding more supplements and nootropics.
Fantastic results.

Return to “Science and Research”