How long after eating before authophagy starts?

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
GLS18
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How long after eating before authophagy starts?

Post by GLS18 »

Jpmb.ic@gmx.com wrote:Great question. I tired to find the same answer. But could not find anything definitive. Hopefully, one day there is a test.
In the meantime I have come to the conclusion to have reasonable confidence I get into autophagy it must be a fast over 48 hours.
It would be logical to assume it would also depend on how healthy/metabolic healthy you are.
So I aim for 4 days, 96 hours. On a relatively strict water fast (only additional electrolytes).

John
Hi John & A Warm Welcome To Our Community!

Thanks for your contribution to this thread and please let us know if you have additional insights and/or questions. As you have discovered from this discussion, our community provides a wealth of valuable resources through a foundation of support and encouragement. By clicking on the magnifying glass at the top of the page, you can search further for other threads on autophagy and fasting. For tips on how to navigate the site more effectively, you can refer to How To Get The Most Out Of The ApoE4.Info Website. The Primer, a brilliant guide and roadmap to better understand the APOE gene, is beautifully complied by Stavia, a physician and fellow E4/E4.

If you would like to share your journey with us, you may do so via Our Stories. We would love to learn more about you! A friendly note that you can change your username at anytime if you prefer to not list your email address.

Looking forward to your continued contributions and again, a warm welcome:)
Gina
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Reversing Cognitive Decline For Coaches Certification Candidate, Fall 2018
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi
swanlzs
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How long after eating before authophagy starts?

Post by swanlzs »

And i found this article:

https://neurosciencenews.com/autophagy- ... 5vxR4UTqRo

Not sure what and when to eat anymore :-)
E3/E4
Still working full time at 67