Deep Sleep Linked to Early Alzheimer's Signs Non-REM slow wave activity tied to tau pathology

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Deep Sleep Linked to Early Alzheimer's Signs Non-REM slow wave activity tied to tau pathology

Post by mike »

An interesting article - not the length of sleep, but rather the quality is important.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/neurology/ ... 1546537389
Sonoma Mike
4/4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Deep Sleep Linked to Early Alzheimer's Signs Non-REM slow wave activity tied to tau pathology

Post by circular »

mike wrote:An interesting article - not the length of sleep, but rather the quality is important.

Wow, interesting. My Fitbit data, for what it's worth is reassuring. I'll try to post screenshots if I get time. I think the Alta HR is the least expensive Fitbit that approximates time in different sleep stages and compares it to your 30 day average and the average for your age and gender.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
SoCalGuy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Deep Sleep Linked to Early Alzheimer's Signs Non-REM slow wave activity tied to tau pathology

Post by SoCalGuy »

circular wrote:
mike wrote:An interesting article - not the length of sleep, but rather the quality is important.

Wow, interesting. My Fitbit data, for what it's worth is reassuring. I'll try to post screenshots if I get time. I think the Alta HR is the least expensive Fitbit that approximates time in different sleep stages and compares it to your 30 day average and the average for your age and gender.
This is good info. My wife wants a fitbit for her birthday and one feature she is most interested in is the sleep data. So any screenshot you share would be appreciated!

Anyone use an Oura ring and if so are you happy with the data? I have seen Don D'Agostino post some data and it seems like a pretty nice way to track sleep quality.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

SoCalGuy wrote:
circular wrote:

This is good info. My wife wants a fitbit for her birthday and one feature she is most interested in is the sleep data. So any screenshot you share would be appreciated!

Anyone use an Oura ring and if so are you happy with the data? I have seen Don D'Agostino post some data and it seems like a pretty nice way to track sleep quality.
Tincup uses Oura. I already had the Fitbit when it came out, so I haven't compared the sleep reporting between the two. I'd be interested in how they are alike or differ.

I like the idea of it being a ring instead of a bracelet. My wrists are tiny, so the Fitbit Alta HR is about the only thing I found that fits when I was looking.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
NancyM
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NancyM »

I received an Oura ring for Christmas so I've been using it for about a month. I find it very informative as a sleep tracker, less so during the day as a fitness tracker. I'm now just wearing it at night. In addition to giving details about amount and stages of sleep, it also gives heart rate and heart rate variability data as well as body temp data. It's really interesting to see how things change from night to night, and to try to figure out what causes the changes. Knowledge is power and I think it is a good way to gain knowledge about how to maximize sleep quality.