If you use a device running an Android version prior to 7.1.1, beginning January 11 your access from that device to this site and many others will be impaired. For details and solutions, see this topic.

positive or negative experiences with Ashwaganda

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Brainz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: positive or negative experiences with Ashwaganda

Postby Brainz » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:10 am

I've not looked into the research regarding nightshades and AD and would defer to others that might have. I know Gundry believes that many are sensitive to them and my personal experience seems to confirm a histamine-type response - - it's subtle: increased itchiness and sinus issues. I have no idea what that means other than increase potential for inflammation (and generally not feeling as well as if I just avoid them).

komatta
Contributor
Contributor

Postby komatta » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:29 am

Brainz wrote:I've not looked into the research regarding nightshades and AD and would defer to others that might have. I know Gundry believes that many are sensitive to them and my personal experience seems to confirm a histamine-type response - - it's subtle: increased itchiness and sinus issues. I have no idea what that means other than increase potential for inflammation (and generally not feeling as well as if I just avoid them).

Thanks for the info.

thjj
Contributor
Contributor

Postby thjj » Sun May 12, 2019 9:51 pm

I took the recommended dosage of Ashwaganda from Dr. Bredesen's book till I ran out, and I couldn't really tell if it helped with stress/anxiety nor mental acuity. But I kept taking it bc at least it didn't have negative side effects that some of the other herbs Dr. B recommended. I'd have to say that the experience was neutral in retrospect, that's why I didn't continue it. TBH, none of the herbs that I tried from Dr. B's book helped, but then again, I tend to be drug-resistant when it comes to psychotropic-type drugs.
· • She/her · • ·
ApoE4/4 status known: 2018 | Born: 1969 | Cognitive Impairment: none

komatta
Contributor
Contributor

Postby komatta » Mon May 13, 2019 3:48 pm

Thanks for your input, THJJ

thjj
Contributor
Contributor

Postby thjj » Wed May 15, 2019 9:53 pm

I went back and double-checked my notes (I took notes on the herbs that I tried). I tried double-dosage since Ashwaganda wasn't having any effect, and stopped bc I was getting bad dreams. That, and any L-tryptophan-related herbs (e.g. 5-HTP especially!) give me bad dreams.
· • She/her · • ·
ApoE4/4 status known: 2018 | Born: 1969 | Cognitive Impairment: none

SarahB
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SarahB » Mon May 27, 2019 6:02 am

I've used it for some time now in combo with tryptophan, theonine and melatonin as a sleep aid. Works well with no side effects.

Return to “Science and Research”