New studies reveal the suprising ways that sex influences heart health, brain function, sleep, and more!

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
SunnySideUp
Contributor
Contributor

New studies reveal the suprising ways that sex influences heart health, brain function, sleep, and more!

Post by SunnySideUp »

Just in time for Valentine's Day - How Sex Helps You Live a Longer, Healthier Life
Shawn Stevenson's Model Health Show talks about the connection between sex and cognitive function as we age.
If on YouTube, go straight to the 10 minute mark if you don't want to hear his commercial announcements.
My takeaway: regular sex actively triggers neurogenesis. Really interesting was the Rutger study on female orgasms by neuroscientist Barry Komisaruk. Using fMRI an orgasm lights up as many as 30 different areas of the brain vs. brain games stimulate 5 - 15 areas.
Not in a relationship right now? Shawn says you can go solo :)

Here's the link: https://linktr.ee/shawnmodel
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New studies reveal the suprising ways that sex influences heart health, brain function, sleep, and more!

Post by CarrieS »

A timely post indeed. Thanks for sharing!
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
Nords
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: New studies reveal the suprising ways that sex influences heart health, brain function, sleep, and more!

Post by Nords »

That brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "spouse caregiver"...
Author of "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement". Royalties go to military charities.
Co-author (with my daughter): "Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation FI."
To contact me, please send a PM.