Bredesen and de la Torre (and G-L) divergence

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
roxanne
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Bredesen and de la Torre (and G-L) divergence

Post by roxanne »

Thanks Jafa: I had a good laugh with the description of your provider. It's actually sad, isn't it. I She sounds awful and condescending. It is so hard to get straight answers. I have a wonderful doctor, he just didn't explain if I actually have glaucoma or if it's something we are trying to avoid. So I'm left to worry until next week when he will do the laser on the other eye.

I have read that putting one drop of cold-pressed castor oil at night helps with Glaucoma. This is just anecdotal and some people swear by it. I think I will try it and see if it lowers my pressures. In your case, I don't know if it would work as you have normal pressure, but it might be good to try. You can buy it a the Health Food Store if it's something you might be interested in.

I hear you, I'm obsessing about almost every supplement I'm taking at the moment.

Thanks for your response.
Jafa
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Jafa »

You are very welcome Roxanne. Not sure I would try the castor oil in eyes. I cannot find anything that suggests a mechanism as to how it might work for Glaucoma. Dry eyes maybe? However, I shall continue to investigate, and hey, maybe an icebreaker question for my Ophthalmologist. :D
roxanne
Contributor
Contributor

Post by roxanne »

Hi Jafa: Let me know if your Ophthalmologist answers that question and please share if you learn something new in your next appointment.
Jafa
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Jafa »

Hi Roxanne
I was listening to this podcast today, and almost at the end David Sinclair references his new research on a cure for glaucoma. He’s one clever dude, watch this space.

https://www.foundmyfitness.com/episodes/david-sinclair
roxanne
Contributor
Contributor

Post by roxanne »

Thank you Jafa. I took a quick look at the link and yes this guy is a smart dude. I will listen carefully as soon as I have more time.
Kenny4/4
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kenny4/4 »

I think the OP makes Bredesen and De La Torre out to be “either-or “options. One comes at it from a theoretical research point of view and the other is interested in taking the research knowledge we have and applying it to practical ways to treat and prevent Alzheimer’s.
I really think De La Torre has a plausible theory that actually dovetails with Bredesen’s APP cleaving idea.

The theory would be ApoE4’s cut their APP into smaller pieces than 3’s or 4’s. (REL A vs SIRT 1 dominance this is why inflammation, pathogens or toxins can trigger it earlier in 2’s, 3’s and 4’s. The smaller cut amyloid pieces act as a clogging or bleeding agent to our micro vascular in our brains. This lack of blood, nutrient and energy flow results in neuronal death which is then filled in with the small pieces of amyloid. Amyloid binds to metals like aluminum so more aluminum is coincidentally at higher levels in AD patients.
The theory makes sense as there are no sex differences in SVD risk and in some cases the ratios put a heavier burden on females(similar to AD). Classic LVD like heart attacks and most ischemic strokes would be a different morphology and uncoupled although not unrelated to amyloid SVD as a cause of AD.
What do ya think?
PBW
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by PBW »

I would like to see this thread continued. I Have been using Dr B's protocols for supplements( since he came out with his book )as it relates to the understanding I have of my own body. I added Dr Gundry to my team(of 2) doctors since last Jan. Since that time I have listened to most of Peter Attia's broadcast which is where I listened several times to Dr Gonzalez-Lima interview which really connected with me. I have been using infrared light every night for several months in addition to cold therapy. I agree with much in this thread. What I would like to add ...I just finished listening David Sinclair's new book, Lifespan. He claims to go upstream from all of these theories and hypothesis by sharing research and theories on the idea that aging is a disease and we are scientifically close to solving the cure for aging. Check it out.