Brain wave stimulation may improve Alzheimer's symptoms

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Melanie R.
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Brain wave stimulation may improve Alzheimer's symptoms

Post by Melanie R. »

Tincup, thank you! I did previously read it, and am thankful you've guided me back to this right now. I am working to gather as much information as I can to help him.

Much appreciated!

Warm regards
Melanie
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (ReCODE)
Family Tree Guy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Family Tree Guy »

Melanie-
thank you for the kind welcome. Interesting to hear about your son's experience. We have just turned my n=1 data point into a data set! I have used binaural beats extensively over the years for my meditation practice (primarily focused on the theta frequency, associated with the deep meditative state), but it is only when I added gamma frequency isochronic that I notice the profound change in my dreams. best wishes to your son for a speedy recovery.
-FTG

Hello familytreeguy,

Welcome to the forum! We are so happy you have joined us and appreciate your questions. Thank you for pointing us to the youtube search with binaural beats that has worked well for you.

I personally enjoy hearing about others experience using gamma frequency and binaural beats. My son recently suffered a concussion from soccer and is currently undergoing a similar protocol for his injury. Although he is only 7, he is lately able to retell three of his dreams when he wakes, in detail. Normally he recalls maybe one. This is encouraging knowing he is getting that needed deep sleep. At home I put earphones on him throughout the day with a variety of binaural beats. I am grateful we are able to see a Functional Medicine doctor with an interest in neurology that can help us through this.

You will find a wealth of information on this site, the first being the Wiki. The second section I would direct you to is the Primer which is also a wonderful resource, written by Dr. Stavia, a member, in layman's terms.

Once again, welcome to the forum!

Warm regards,
Melanie[/quote]
jerryb
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jerryb »

My wife has mild Alzheimer’s. She was part of a research study by Dr. Amy Clements-Cortez using a chair back acoustic and vibrating device. While one of the included auditory programs is supposed to emphasize the 40 hertz range, we used a simple 30 minute 40 hertz sound track on an iPod touch fed into external input on the chair back. She has seemed to have declined less than I and her Psychiatrist would have expected. Since she is experiencing other preventative measures like Galantamine, exercise, Fiji water, Lions Mane, etc., I cannot say that this is why she may have experienced less decline than expected.
After finishing research study I purchased a chair back from Sound Oasis for her.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

jerryb wrote:My wife has mild Alzheimer’s. She was part of a research study by Dr. Amy Clements-Cortez using a chair back acoustic and vibrating device. While one of the included auditory programs is supposed to emphasize the 40 hertz range, we used a simple 30 minute 40 hertz sound track on an iPod touch fed into external input on the chair back. She has seemed to have declined less than I and her Psychiatrist would have expected. Since she is experiencing other preventative measures like Galantamine, exercise, Fiji water, Lions Mane, etc., I cannot say that this is why she may have experienced less decline than expected.
After finishing research study I purchased a chair back from Sound Oasis for her.
thanks for sharing your wife’s experience with using 40hertz sound track. As you say, with many preventative measures in place, it is hard to know what exactly is helping, or if it is the synergistic effect of all of them together. The good news is that something is helping!
Please post again once you have more experience with the chair back from Sound Oasis. Many of us here are interested in Brain Wave Stimulation and will benefit from your reporting on Sound Oasis as a possible intervention.
Thanks again!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health