Exercise-Very Encouraging Study. What is your Exercise Prescription?

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Exercise-Very Encouraging Study. What is your Exercise Prescription?

Post by Julie G »

Great thread! You've all inspired me. I'm a 57 y/o female and I daily enjoy four miles of walking/running depending on my energy level. My best days are 100 steps of walking, followed by 100 steps of running, back-to-back. If I'm walking, I like to listen to educational podcasts. I just downloaded a new app called Blinkist which offers 15 minute audio summaries of top selling non-fiction books. I can't wait to play with that on my trek today. :D Every other day, I do about 40 mins of strength training along with my walk. I firmly believe that of all of our strategies, none has more scientific proof of efficacy than exercise.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Exercise-Very Encouraging Study. What is your Exercise Prescription?

Post by TheBrain »

You’re all inspiring me to get my butt in gear. I’m doing light exercise, mostly walking, stretching, and weight training (not often enough of the latter). I’ve been concerned about losing more weight if I step it up. It’s easy for me to say “just eat more,” but my digestive system can handle only so much food. But I can at least give it a go and see what happens.

Julie, thanks for mentioning Blinkist. I’ll try the free ones first and see if I actually listen to them. But I love the concept, so I likely will.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!