Omega 3 update

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Woody
Contributor
Contributor

Omega 3 update

Post by Woody »

Well not an update as such but in one of the videos by DR. Rhonda Patrick from foundmyfitnes.com I believe
she mentions people with Apoe4 may benefit from supplementing with salmon roe or krill oil . The reason being
is that with this gene omega 3 DHA has a very hard time entering the brain. But a large part of the DHA in krill oil
and fish roe is in a phosophlipid form that overcomes this barrier, Fish oil pills don't have any of this phosphlipid form
and while salmon has some it only accounts for about 1 or 2 % of the total omega 3. And don't ask as I can't recall
what vidio she mentions which of her many videos had that info.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Omega 3 update

Post by slacker »

Woody wrote:Well not an update as such but in one of the videos by DR. Rhonda Patrick from foundmyfitnes.com I believe
she mentions people with Apoe4 may benefit from supplementing with salmon roe or krill oil . The reason being
is that with this gene omega 3 DHA has a very hard time entering the brain. But a large part of the DHA in krill oil
and fish roe is in a phosophlipid form that overcomes this barrier, Fish oil pills don't have any of this phosphlipid form
and while salmon has some it only accounts for about 1 or 2 % of the total omega 3. And don't ask as I can't recall
what vidio she mentions which of her many videos had that info.
Hi Woody;

You'll find a detailed discussion on Dr Patrick's phospholipid recommendations in this thread.

(BYT, we try not to get too hung up on which forum to use for new threads (or topics). I think your topic is more appropriate for the Science and Research forum. The ApoE4.info forum is more for "Vision, strategy, service, and activism. Web and social media planning and technical discussion." It's fine where it is, but if you like, I can move it to another forum. Not mandatory.)
Slacker
E4/E4