Phase 1 Gene Therapy Trial

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
ApropoE4
Contributor
Contributor

Phase 1 Gene Therapy Trial

Post by ApropoE4 »

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here, but the trial of injecting e4/4s with a virus that changes their brains to produce a mixture of e2 and e4 (the hope is for more than half e2) has started. This seems like a promising approach, although there's no guarantee it'll be effective and won't cause unexpected immune related issues.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03634007
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Phase 1 Gene Therapy Trial

Post by floramaria »

ApropoE4 wrote:I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here, but the trial of injecting e4/4s with a virus that changes their brains to produce a mixture of e2 and e4 (the hope is for more than half e2) has started. This seems like a promising approach, although there's no guarantee it'll be effective and won't cause unexpected immune related issues.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03634007
Hi, AporopoE4, It appears that this trial may be the same one that is being followed in another thread. I can’t copy the link from my IPad, but if you enter Gene therapy for ApoE4 into the Search Function for the site, you will find that thread part way down. You may want to join the conversation there. In case you don’t know, you can access the search function by clicking the magnifying glass to the left of your user name, or by tapping the three stacked dots to the right of your user name for a drop down menu that includes Search.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
ApropoE4
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Phase 1 Gene Therapy Trial

Post by ApropoE4 »

Ah, I see. It's in the announcements forum.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6620