The XX Brain - A New Book by Lisa Mosconi at Weill Cornell

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

The XX Brain - A New Book by Lisa Mosconi at Weill Cornell

Post by circular »

Available for pre-order, including Kindle and audiobook versions. Looking forward to this.

The XX Brain: The Groundbreaking Science Empowering Women to Maximize Cognitive Health and Prevent Alzheimer's Disease
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Re: The XX Brain - A New Book by Lisa Mosconi at Weill Cornell

Post by slacker »

Dr Mosconi published a book on nutrition called "Brain Food" 2 years ago, and has been mentioned/discussed on our website in the past (if anyone is interested in learning more about her approach before buying the new book!)
Slacker
E4/E4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

slacker wrote:Dr Mosconi published a book on nutrition called "Brain Food" 2 years ago, and has been mentioned/discussed on our website in the past (if anyone is interested in learning more about her approach before buying the new book!)
Thanks for the heads up. I see in this thread she has promoted the Mediterranean diet and Julie comments there that she even advocated for more carbs for fuel. I wonder if she has modified that perspective to a more low carb version of the M diet, if not ketogenic.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

It will be interesting to see whether she has modified her carb recommendations in her new book.
I wondered the same!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Julie G wrote:
It will be interesting to see whether she has modified her carb recommendations in her new book.
I wondered the same!
This is good news. I can stop my thoughts and meditate all week and just check in with you periodically to see what I would have been thinking :D We can take turns :lol:
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

This is good news. I can stop my thoughts and meditate all week and just check in with you periodically to see what I would have been thinking :D We can take turns :lol:
E4 sisters on the same wavelength. :D
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Julie G wrote:
E4 sisters on the same wavelength. :D
Actually, I can only wish to have all the same intelligent thoughts as you all week!!!