Colorado’s first licensed cannabis R&D firm to study marijuana’s effect on Alzheimer’s disease

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Colorado’s first licensed cannabis R&D firm to study marijuana’s effect on Alzheimer’s disease

Post by TheBrain »

ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Colorado’s first licensed cannabis R&D firm to study marijuana’s effect on Alzheimer’s disease

Post by circular »

I like that the research won't be limited to just one component:
MedPharm Holdings plans to apply for a Denver marijuana R&D license to test delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabidiol (CBD) and other cannabinoids’ effects on Alzheimer’s and dementia patients.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Colorado’s first licensed cannabis R&D firm to study marijuana’s effect on Alzheimer’s disease

Post by TheBrain »

circular wrote: I like that the research won't be limited to just one component:
MedPharm Holdings plans to apply for a Denver marijuana R&D license to test delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabidiol (CBD) and other cannabinoids’ effects on Alzheimer’s and dementia patients.
I agree. Cannabis has over 120 components (otherwise known as cannabinoids).
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
Tlevster
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Tlevster »

Excellent! Are there other studies already completed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AKA
Support Team
Support Team

Post by AKA »

Tlevster wrote: Excellent! Are there other studies already completed?
Hi Tlevster,

Welcome to the apoe4 forum!

I appreciate your curiosity and though I am not aware of a current study related to cannabis and Alzheimer's disease, there may be other members who might chime in on this topic.

In the meantime, there is some info on the ApoE4 wiki page on cannabinoids that you might find interesting. You can find it here.
Also, I am not sure if you are familiar with PubMed, it is a free resource where you can search the medical literature. I found this information that might be of interest.

Glad to have you here, Tlevster! I'll be keeping an eye out for new research with you! Feel free to share a little about yourself at Our Stories.

Warm regards,
AKA
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Tlevster wrote:
Excellent! Are there other studies already completed?
You can look into some references on this page.

Also see New Medical Cannabis Research From Israel: Older Adults, Dementia And Dialysis

and Undeniable Evidence: Cannabis, Alzheimer’s and Dementia

for more information to evaluate.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.