Alzheimer’s Risk: Test Your Eyes

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jmac »

I found this one very interesting. I just came back from spending a few days with my mom who has not been officially diagnosed but definitely has some type of dementia. She has been complaining about her eyes. She thinks she has macular degeneration because her mother had it...and she pretty much thinks she has everything my grandmother ever had (but doesn't in many cases). Her symptoms don't seem to be those of macular degeneration...but I once again pushed my dad to get her to an eye doc and he's going to call for an appointment. I may try to go up and talk to the eye doc...

There are several types of dementia as per the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) is the most common of all. In fact, it was noted by the academy that AD comprises about 60 to 80% of dementia cases in recent times. However, there is a huge challenge in the field when it comes to diagnosing the early stages of the disease.
https://thebossmagazine.com/alzheimers-eye-test/