mothers of male children.

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
hairyfairy
Contributor
Contributor

mothers of male children.

Post by hairyfairy »

Iv`e recently read that women who have given birth to male children have a lower risk of AD as a result of having male DNA left behind by the male fetus in the mother`s brain.Has anyone else seen articles of this sort. Another article I,ve seen claims that people with group o blood are less prone to brain diseases because they have larger brains with more white matter.
FitFoodie
Contributor
Contributor

Re: mothers of male children.

Post by FitFoodie »

hairyfairy wrote:Iv`e recently read that women who have given birth to male children have a lower risk of AD as a result of having male DNA left behind by the male fetus in the mother`s brain.Has anyone else seen articles of this sort. Another article I,ve seen claims that people with group o blood are less prone to brain diseases because they have larger brains with more white matter.
I'd seen the research on O blood type being somewhat protective against AD. Between that and the lower covid risk, I am thrilled about my blood type. We also make less of the Von Willebrand clotting factor (long convoluted story about why I know that, which I'll spare you LOL).

I didn't know about the male children thing. Sweet. I have two of them :D
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

My mother had two boys and she ended up with AD at age 65, unfortunately.

Take a look at your raw data from 23andme and find this SNP (I posted elsewhere on this site about it). It is considered a risk for severity with Covid-19: rs2070788. The risk allele is G.
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Here's a press release from the study suggesting that having a male child is protective. I hope so! :D