Somewhat OT: Sam Tsimikas Lp(a) "Twittorial"

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
BrianR
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Somewhat OT: Sam Tsimikas Lp(a) "Twittorial"

Post by BrianR »

Noted Lp(a) researcher Sam Tsimikas (@LPA_Doc) has started doing short tutorials regarding Lp(a) on twitter.

Introductory thread quoted below
Sam Tsimikas, MD
@Lpa_Doc
Saturday Morning Class:
Hi all, with the increasing attention on Lp(a) and need for both patient and physician education, I decided to create a short monthly Twittorial. 1/6
Think of it as the Breakfast Club for Lp(a)- maybe painful, but necessary and full of discovery ("who you think you are"). I will try to make it both educational and fun. There will be a multiple choice quiz/pool at end of each session. A passing grade will be 70%.. 2/6
.and I will not be touchy feely and grade on a curve… but will add some bonus questions for effort. In the 70s, the best thing that happened on Saturday morning was cartoons, so every kid, including me, was glued to the television. I hope you feel the same way about this. 3/6
Here are some proposed topics:
Lp(a) and cholesterol
Lp(a) and acute phase response
Lp(a) and cancer
Lp(a) and diet
Lp(a) and diabetes
Lp(a) and blood clots
Lp(a) and guidelines
Lp(a) and kringles
Lp(a) and longevity
Lp(a) and null alleles
Lp(a) and PAD
Lp(a) and stroke 4/6
Lp(a) and children
Lp(a) and race/ethnicity
Lp(a) and receptors
Lp(a) and the kidney
Lp(a) and statins
Lp(a) and PCSK9
Lp(a) and niacin
Lp(a) and different tests
Lp(a) and OxPL
Lp(a) historical aspects
Lp(a) and ongoing trials 5/6
Today's topic will be "Lp(a) and the “real” LDL-C". If at least 1 person is interested in this I will continue it, if no interest, the show will be over. 6/6
Tutorial: Twittorial #1; Lp(a) and the real “LDL-C”

See https://twitter.com/Lpa_Doc for a few responses and other posts. Next month he plans to present: "Saturday Morning Class #2; Lp(a) and longevity"