Alzheimer’s risk gene disrupts endocytosis, but another disease-linked gene could help

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Alzheimer’s risk gene disrupts endocytosis, but another disease-linked gene could help

Post by Jmac »

Astrocytes with the APOE4 gene variant show deficits of a key cellular function, but overexpressing the gene PICALM overcame the defect.
https://news.mit.edu/2020/alzheimers-ri ... -help-1006

I popped "PICALM" into my Promethease gene info and two popped up (downstream, blah blah)...out of the 6 I have that indicate higher risk for AD. Of course, I also have 7 that increase my odds of Parkinson's. And then all the other crazies that contribute to heart, etc. BUT I have a lot of really nice genes, too. :-) And, since I'm now doing ReCode full-blown those pesky nasty genes are going to shut up and watch me thrive!
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Alzheimer’s risk gene disrupts endocytosis, but another disease-linked gene could help

Post by floramaria »

Jmac wrote: And, since I'm now doing ReCode full-blown those pesky nasty genes are going to shut up and watch me thrive!
Hi Jmac, just checking in with you to see how things are going with your full-blown ReCODE. Thriving, I hope!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health