Blockbuster results from Cognito Tx (40Hz sound, light)

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Blockbuster results from Cognito Tx (40Hz sound, light)

Post by J11 »

DebbieG, thank you for your comment!

What I was thinking was that perhaps those interested could post their cognitive scores while trying different "treatments". It is quite odd at how some AD "treatments" have been so mundane yet highly effective. For example, we have heard about gamma entrainment. Gamma entrainment can simply include listening to background music for an hour of day. Apparently this has had powerful anti-AD effects on mice and humans.

There is software that could be used to measure this. For example, PEBL2 has a wide range of cognitive tests available. It is surprising and disappointing that AD specific cognitive software has not been released as open ware. Basically this would allow the entire AD community be part of the effort to find effective treatments. Methylene blue. possibly anti-aluminium and gamma entrainment are 3 fairly unusual AD treatments that appear to have powerful anti-dementing effect. If we could leverage the entire global AD community to explore different possibilities, who knows what might pop up? The problem with science is that all too often the answer that is sitting right in front of us is exactly the one that seems too obvious to even bother. Making science more of an open project gives us many more opportunities for a spark to happen.

https://osdn.net/projects/sfnet_pebl/do ... beta1.zip/
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Family Tree Guy wrote:@floramaria- happy dreams!
Yes! I have been experimenting with listening to Gamma waves when I have a chance to work at the computer on something with no soundtrack of its own, like answering emails. Haven’t done it everyday, but most days since last post. Having great dreams! I appreciate the tip about “isochronic “ tones. That allows me to listen over speakers instead of having to use headphones.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Family Tree Guy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Family Tree Guy »

floramaria wrote:
Family Tree Guy wrote:@floramaria- happy dreams!
Yes! I have been experimenting with listening to Gamma waves when I have a chance to work at the computer on something with no soundtrack of its own, like answering emails. Haven’t done it everyday, but most days since last post. Having great dreams! I appreciate the tip about “isochronic “ tones. That allows me to listen over speakers instead of having to use headphones.
Yes, that is correct. You do not need to use earbuds for isochronic 40 Hz. Glad to hear it seems to agree with you!