COVID-19 RNA Based Vaccines and the Risk of Prion Disease

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

COVID-19 RNA Based Vaccines and the Risk of Prion Disease

Post by TheBrain »

I just came across this article in the peer-reviewed journal Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. For information about the journal, see https://www.scivisionpub.com/journals/m ... eases-home.

Here’s the article: https://www.hennessysview.com/images/co ... e-1503.pdf

Abstract
Development of new vaccine technology has been plagued with problems in the past. The current RNA based SARS- CoV-2 vaccines were approved in the US using an emergency order without extensive long term safety testing. In this paper the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine was evaluated for the potential to induce prion-based disease in vaccine recipients. The RNA sequence of the vaccine as well as the spike protein target interaction were analyzed for the potential to convert intracellular RNA binding proteins TAR DNA binding protein (TDP-43) and Fused in Sarcoma (FUS) into their pathologic prion conformations. The results indicate that the vaccine RNA has specific sequences that may induce TDP-43 and FUS to fold into their pathologic prion confirmations. In the current analysis a total of sixteen UG tandem repeats (ΨGΨG) were identified and additional UG (ΨG) rich sequences were identified. Two GGΨA sequences were found. Potential G Quadruplex sequences are possibly present but a more sophisticated computer program is needed to verify these. Furthermore, the spike protein, created by the translation of the vaccine RNA, binds angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), a zinc containing enzyme. This interaction has the potential to increase intracellular zinc. Zinc ions have been shown to cause the transformation of TDP-43 to its pathologic prion configuration. The folding of TDP-43 and FUS into their pathologic prion confirmations is known to cause ALS, front temporal lobar degeneration, Alzheimer’s disease and other neurological degenerative diseases. The enclosed finding as well as additional potential risks leads the author to believe that regulatory approval of the RNA based vaccines for SARS-CoV-2 was premature and that the vaccine may cause much more harm than benefit.
Note: Emphasis mine.

I’d appreciate responses to this article from folks smarter than me. Can anyone tear it apart?
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
rws
Contributor
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 RNA Based Vaccines and the Risk of Prion Disease

Post by rws »

I can show anything with bioinformatics. Not a single molecule was moved in this article. And the author does not even disclose his methods.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

rws wrote:I can show anything with bioinformatics. Not a single molecule was moved in this article. And the author does not even disclose his methods.
In the full article there is a section on methods.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
rws
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rws »

floramaria wrote:
rws wrote:I can show anything with bioinformatics. Not a single molecule was moved in this article. And the author does not even disclose his methods.
And did you read it?
rws
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rws »

rws wrote:
floramaria wrote:
And did you read it?
Or more specifically, do you find anything that is even remotely helpful in reproducing his findings? Because, you know, that is the heart of science, and of proper scientific work.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

TheBrain wrote:I just came across this article in the peer-reviewed journal Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. For information about the journal, see https://www.scivisionpub.com/journals/m ... eases-home.

Here’s the article: https://www.hennessysview.com/images/co ... e-1503.pdf
I’d appreciate responses to this article from folks smarter than me. Can anyone tear it apart?
Hi again, Brain!

I'm not raising my hand as smarter than you, especially since no one gave me the nickname "Brain" in 7th grade! (I do remember "tinsel teeth" and "4 eyes" that year--so was relieved to get braces off and contact lenses after 8th grade!)

But the last section of Dr. Classen's article (excerpted below) seems to go against the practice of proposing only what the author, or others with strong evidence, have demonstrated. That's why we always say "Yes, but it's a mouse study" when some newspaper announces a "cure" for Alzheimer's in mice.

He writes "Many have raised the warning..."and lists footnotes 10 and 11, presumably as his "many" sources. Yet those footnotes only refer to two articles of which he is the sole author.
Many have raised the warning that the current epidemic of COVID-19 is actually the result of an bioweapons attack released in part by individuals in the United States government [10,11]... In such a scenario the primary focus of stopping a bioweapons attack must be to apprehend the conspirators or the attacks will never cease. Approving a vaccine, utilizing novel RNA technology without extensive testing is extremely dangerous. The vaccine could be a bioweapon and even more dangerous than the original infection

I have been a Consumer Reviewer for three years on panels with very smart and exciting Alzheimer's researchers (most in academia or research centers, none from Pharma) who approve grants studying TBI and AD. The funding comes from "Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs" (CDMRP) and covers lots of things that affect the military, from AD and brain injuries to burns, to prostate cancer, breast cancer etc. I can attest to these people being a) super smart scientists b) totally willing to speak their mind and c) able to explain why a proposal I might have thought sounded great had the wrong design for the question they planned to answer, the wrong statistics, the wrong method, out-of-date scientific knowledge.

And most importantly to approval, the focus of each grant had to be on the betterment of the military, veterans, families and communities affected by traumatic brain injury and the risk of Alzheimer's . I don't see how a deep state bioweapon vaccine gets developed, tested and approved in a climate in which scientists like the ones I've met are absolutely willing to tell the truth to higher ups in the military and government.

FWIW, Dr. Classen's article is published in a journal in which authors can submit lists of reviewers they'd suggest and in which the author typically pays a fee to be published in an open-source journal. Dr. Classen also has had numerous lawsuits against many of the vaccine makers over the last 10 years alleging that they are infringing on many patents he has filed around a system to test drug safety. it appears most, if not all of those lawsuits have been dismissed by federal courts.
4/4 and still an optimist!
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

NF52 wrote:Hi again, Brain!

I'm not raising my hand as smarter than you, especially since no one gave me the nickname "Brain" in 7th grade! (I do remember "tinsel teeth" and "4 eyes" that year--so was relieved to get braces off and contact lenses after 8th grade!)
Oh, you're clearly smarter than me! Look at what you uncovered! The author is sneaky (unethical) to refer to his "many" sources, only to refer to his own two articles. And the fact that the journal works the way you've described shows me he lacks credibility and thus so does his work. Then, all of his lawsuits against vaccine makers that have been thrown out suggests he's got "issues." So I think you've successfully torn apart the article I came across. Thank you.

It's great to hear about your positive experiences being a Consumer Reviewer and your respect for the scientists you worked with.

One thing I don't understand is all the censorship of dissenting views about all things Covid. Sure, there are nut jobs out there, but many of the people I've read or listened to are eminently qualified to offer their professional opinions, concerns, etc. To me, the censorship is creepy and raises red flags more than anything else. I personally don't have the expertise to evaluate the different views I've been exposed to. I'd like open debate among the experts. Instead, people with dissenting views have been thrown off Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. They don't have a seat at the table.

The other day, I read that Facebook closed down a group where people were sharing about their experiences with the Covid ivaccines. So even regular folks are being shut out of the conversation.

I don't expect you to have an answer for any of that, but it's what worries me most.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

TheBrain wrote:...
I personally don't have the expertise to evaluate the different views I've been exposed to. I'd like open debate among the experts. Instead, people with dissenting views have been thrown off Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. They don't have a seat at the table.

The other day, I read that Facebook closed down a group where people were sharing about their experiences with the Covid ivaccines. So even regular folks are being shut out of the conversation.

I don't expect you to have an answer for any of that, but it's what worries me most.
OK, I'm going to start seeming like a pest, so I promise this is the last reply--at least for today!

I thought you raised a valid question about how Facebook decides when to delete a topic, or a group. [This forum has its own Community Guidelines here: Community Guidelines and one of this things I love about our community is how we support each other even when we need to respectfully disagree. Sorta like how kindergarten and the rest of life should be!]

I found this explanation of their policy on Facebook, linked below. It makes one point that stood out to me: The federal government declared COVID-19 a Public Health Emergency in January 2020 (which seems about 100 years ago) and as such it merits attention to public health impact weighed more heavily than the typical FB post would merit. I know people who have left FB for "censorship" concerns; and others who have come back to it after months away and still others who only use it to keep track of their friends' birthdays! Like most media, we can "vote" with our clicks on how to consume it.

COVID-19 and Vaccine Polic Updates and Protections
Under our Community Standards, we remove misinformation when public health authorities conclude that the information is false and likely to contribute to imminent violence or physical harm. Since COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) in January 2020, we have applied this policy to content containing claims related to COVID-19 that, according to public health authorities, are (a) false, and (b) likely to contribute to imminent physical harm (of imminent physical harm examples include: increasing the likelihood of exposure to or transmission of the virus, or having adverse effects on the public health system’s ability to cope with the pandemic). The goal of this policy is to reduce health harm to people, while also allowing people to discuss, debate and share their personal experiences, opinions and news related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
4/4 and still an optimist!
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

NF52, I appreciate you excerpting the relevant Facebook policy, but the truth is that Facebook is not allowing debate and the sharing of personal experiences if they don’t adhere to the official narrative. I know firsthand because I was being censored. I finally closed my account in protest. I didn’t have enough “reach” to be kicked off the platform, but I know of many influencers who have been.
Kathy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kathy »

TheBrain, I found this thread so interesting. I was supposed to get my first of the two Pfizer vaccines yesterday, and I postponed due to absolute panic feelings. I too have read so much on FB and social media from people with differing views from what the government is telling us. Them being censored is worrisome to me.

I wondered if you knew how many people on here have been vaccinated and what the majority feel about the situation.
I'm so torn and my nerves are shot thinking and overthinking everything. I have E4/E4 with MTHFR and I'm so confused about what to do. My daughter is an influencer on social media and you cannot believe how many people in her age range (36) are against getting vaccinated. Would love to read more of your opinion.