mensa IQ tests.

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
hairyfairy
Contributor
Contributor

mensa IQ tests.

Post by hairyfairy »

I came across a mensa Iq test on the internet this morning, & tried it out. It was only a practice test and I had to answer 18 questions in 15 minutes. I got 12 right out of 18. I found the pattern tests hard, but the verbal quiestions easy. I might have done better if I hadnt had to rush through some of them. The comment at the end said it was a good effort, and that with practice I could achieve a high score. Would this mean that Ιnot anywhere near cognitive decline yet?
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: mensa IQ tests.

Post by floramaria »

hairyfairy wrote:I came across a mensa Iq test on the internet this morning, & tried it out. It was only a practice test and I had to answer 18 questions in 15 minutes. I got 12 right out of 18. I found the pattern tests hard, but the verbal quiestions easy. I might have done better if I hadnt had to rush through some of them. The comment at the end said it was a good effort, and that with practice I could achieve a high score. Would this mean that Ιnot anywhere near cognitive decline yet?
I’m not familiar with this test. You might try the SLUMS assessment, which is a screening tool. It is also free. You’d need someone to administer it to you, but it doesn’t take more than 10 minutes. https://www.slu.edu/medicine/internal-m ... s-exam.php
There is an instructional video as well as a download for the assessment.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: mensa IQ tests.

Post by Tincup »

hairyfairy wrote:I came across a mensa Iq test on the internet this morning, & tried it out. It was only a practice test and I had to answer 18 questions in 15 minutes. I got 12 right out of 18.
Curious if the test was offered by Mensa (i.e. from a Mensa website), or from someone just using their name? Mensa is very rigorous about their tests (I'm familiar as I'm a member). Others who just put a test out there, not so much
Tincup
E3,E4