COVID-19 RNA Based Vaccines and the Risk of Prion Disease

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: COVID-19 RNA Based Vaccines and the Risk of Prion Disease

Post by circular »

TheBrain wrote:Most people I know didn't do their own research, whereas I've been OCD about it…
I'm one of those who deliberately avoided researching it because I felt the health risks to me and humanity at large have been on the line with this virus, and I and we couldn't afford to question it. At the same time, I appreciate those who question, and question deeply.

Is there a go-to page you recommend that doesn't go into too much detail but presents the cases agaisnt the mRNA vaccines in an easily digestible format?

Are the potential problems people think we might face from mRNA vaccines thought to be addressable in any way, similar (in a manner of speaking) to the way we offset ApoE4?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

circular wrote:
TheBrain wrote:Most people I know didn't do their own research, whereas I've been OCD about it…
I'm one of those who deliberately avoided researching it because I felt the health risks to me and humanity at large have been on the line with this virus, and I and we couldn't afford to question it. At the same time, I appreciate those who question, and question deeply.

Is there a go-to page you recommend that doesn't go into too much detail but presents the cases agaisnt the mRNA vaccines in an easily digestible format?

Are the potential problems people think we might face from mRNA vaccines thought to be addressable in any way, similar (in a manner of speaking) to the way we offset ApoE4?
Let me take a look at what I have collected, per what you’re looking for. I’ll get back to you tomorrow or Monday.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

TheBrain wrote: Let me take a look at what I have collected, per what you’re looking for. I’ll get back to you tomorrow or Monday.
Thanks, whenever, if ever, it may be convenient for you. Or maybe you just want to wait until you happen to come across something that might work.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

circular wrote:
TheBrain wrote: Let me take a look at what I have collected, per what you’re looking for. I’ll get back to you tomorrow or Monday.
Thanks, whenever, if ever, it may be convenient for you. Or maybe you just want to wait until you happen to come across something that might work.
A primary goal of mine has been to learn how to support my immune system and what to do if I get the virus. But really, it’s been about everything on this topic. Recently, dissenting voices I’ve been listening to have ventured into what vaccinated people can do. It runs the gamut. There’s no clear consensus because it’s all so new. But one doctor says that if you got through the vaccines fairly easily, you’re fine. Just don’t take any booster shots. Since then, I’ve learned about some interventions that might help.

If you want me to continue as planned, I can. If you’d prefer I stop, I can. Please let me know either way. The last thing I want to do is scare people, but this is a scary topic from the get-go.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

TheBrain wrote:
circular wrote:
A primary goal of mine has been to learn how to support my immune system and what to do if I get the virus. But really, it’s been about everything on this topic. Recently, dissenting voices I’ve been listening to have ventured into what vaccinated people can do. It runs the gamut. There’s no clear consensus because it’s all so new. But one doctor says that if you got through the vaccines fairly easily, you’re fine. Just don’t take any booster shots. Since then, I’ve learned about some interventions that might help.

If you want me to continue as planned, I can. If you’d prefer I stop, I can. Please let me know either way. The last thing I want to do is scare people, but this is a scary topic from the get-go.
I think it would be good for you to continue as your inclination allows. We can't see what will emerge in the headlines down the road, and it could be good to have a heads up on the issues, at least generally and with links.

I don't have any regrets over my decision, and I still plan to get any booster shots that are recommended by consensus. I am even willing, since it seems necessary, to 'take one for the team' to help humanity pull through this and to help protect the most vulnerable. This stance, as I see it a necessity, has actually been a nice modulator of my hyperfocus on self, which continues nonetheless.

You may recall that after the second Moderna shot I did experience chronic fatigue level of fatigue (based on years of having had chronic fatigue in the past) beyond the roughly two days of side effects that were normally cited. That lasted, if I recall right, about two-three weeks before it began to wane. I began to improve but was still missing my vitality. I had been low carb but not consistently or significantly ketogenic for some time while being more focused on caregiver-related life complications. I decided to do whatever it would take to get back into deeper and more consistent ketosis. My vitality returned. I suspect that's not a coincidence. So from my n=1, I'd suggest that ketosis — for whatever reasons — may be good companion to vaccination, especially in sensitive people. That statement, however, needs to be run through the mill before it becomes a 'prescription'.
Dod
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dod »

circular wrote:

Hi, It's difficult to know where to start. There is plenty of discussion on many aspects of the shot, but you have to go outside the mainstream media as they are bought-and-paid-for-lobbyists for the thing. I didn't look at it much for the first year of our curious pandemic because my starting point was that anyone not in the clearly known risk group (insulin/lepton resistance and/or low vitamin D) simply doesn't need the shot, and especially not youngsters. But it is difficult not to see lots of negative analysis from serious scientists recently: injury from the spike protein short-term (maybe long-term?) ie blood clots and myocarditis even in youngsters, potential for dangerously enhanced over-reaction of the immune system when you are eventually infected, mass injections actually promoting resistant strains similar to over use of antibiotics
Quantifier
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Quantifier »

Sorry, no. Everyone who can and is approved for the vaccine needs to get it. New, more contagious variants of the virus are cropping up and we need to deprive them of targets. We need to surround those who cannot be vaccinated by people who are immune. The gamma variant has been killing kids in Brazil. The delta variant is spreading in places where people believed the community was sufficiently vaccinated based on the older strains. You cannot assume that because you were likely to be less susceptible to the old strains you will continue to be so wrt the newer ones, and especially do not assume you cannot bring the virus to others (regardless of whether you develop symptoms of any kind). Fighting this thing is an all-community effort.
Dod
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dod »

Quantifier wrote:Sorry, no. Everyone who can and is approved for the vaccine needs to get it. New, more contagious variants of the virus are cropping up and we need to deprive them of targets. We need to surround those who cannot be vaccinated by people who are immune. The gamma variant has been killing kids in Brazil. The delta variant is spreading in places where people believed the community was sufficiently vaccinated based on the older strains. You cannot assume that because you were likely to be less susceptible to the old strains you will continue to be so wrt the newer ones, and especially do not assume you cannot bring the virus to others (regardless of whether you develop symptoms of any kind). Fighting this thing is an all-community effort.
Nope. No adults should rush into this until they are fully aware of the discussion for and against, regardless of what "experts" have approved it for them. NO-ONE knows the long term consequences of this, deeming it "safe" is therefore meaningless.
Taking pharmaceuticals to protect others - where does that end? There are plenty of steps that everyone can take to drastically improve their chances. Not many grandparents would want youngsters to feel that they are somehow dangerous.
Asymptomatic spread - for example both Fauci and a WHO rep clearly stated last year that it is not a factor in driving a pandemic. If they changed their minds then even more reason not to listen to them unquestioningly. Common sense says the same
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

circular wrote:I think it would be good for you to continue as your inclination allows. We can't see what will emerge in the headlines down the road, and it could be good to have a heads up on the issues, at least generally and with links.

I don't have any regrets over my decision, and I still plan to get any booster shots that are recommended by consensus. I am even willing, since it seems necessary, to 'take one for the team' to help humanity pull through this and to help protect the most vulnerable. This stance, as I see it a necessity, has actually been a nice modulator of my hyperfocus on self, which continues nonetheless.

You may recall that after the second Moderna shot I did experience chronic fatigue level of fatigue (based on years of having had chronic fatigue in the past) beyond the roughly two days of side effects that were normally cited. That lasted, if I recall right, about two-three weeks before it began to wane. I began to improve but was still missing my vitality. I had been low carb but not consistently or significantly ketogenic for some time while being more focused on caregiver-related life complications. I decided to do whatever it would take to get back into deeper and more consistent ketosis. My vitality returned. I suspect that's not a coincidence. So from my n=1, I'd suggest that ketosis — for whatever reasons — may be good companion to vaccination, especially in sensitive people. That statement, however, needs to be run through the mill before it becomes a 'prescription'.
I believe that all adults should make their own decision as to whether to take the vaccine, including any booster shots. Be assured, I respect your decision.

I'm so glad you're feeling better after going more deeply and consistently into ketosis!

My overarching concern about the vaccines (all of them, not just the mRNA vaccines) is that the mainstream media and social media (and the "medical establishment") are putting out a narrative and sticking to it, no matter what. So people who only follow them will not learn about certain details and concerns that dissenting voices have. Thus, informed consent is largely absent.

Earlier today, I listened to an interview of Dr. Lee Merritt, one of the many highly qualified dissenting voices. She said that Twitter won't allow users to use the word "experimental" in reference to the vaccines, as in the "experimental Moderna vaccine." Why is that censored? It's true that the Moderna vaccine is experimental. These vaccines have Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), not FDA approval. All of these vaccines are experimental at this point in time. I can't help but think that the intention is to mislead people.

I will post some information that I'd like to share. You might not feel inclined to review any of it, and that's fine. But if others stumble upon this thread, they might be interested in it.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

The following link takes you to a 34-page PDF. It's a relatively easy read, but I'll highlight a few things in this thread. America's Frontline Doctors, as the name suggests, consists of doctors who have been working on the frontline of this pandemic. They support the use of early treatment protocols and aren't anti-vaxxers. It's more accurate to say that they are pro-safety and support the use of a risk-benefit analysis to determine whether a person should take one of these Covid vaccines. They are also pro health freedom.

America’s Frontline Doctors White Paper On Experimental Vaccines For COVID-19

From p. 10:
Survival Rate by Age Group.png
When talking about the risk/benefit ratio of any treatment we must consider the Infection Fatality Ratio or IFR. The IFR for COVID-19 varies dramatically by age, from a low of 0.003% for Americans under age 19 to as high as 5.4% for those 70 years of age and above.(19) That is an 1800x risk difference based upon age! It is quite clear that young people are at a statistically insignificant risk of death from COVID-19. Nearly 80% of all coronavirus-related deaths in the US through November 28, 2020 have occurred in adults 65 years of age and older and only 6% of the deaths had COVID-19 as the only cause mentioned. On average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death.(20)

For most people under the age of 65, the study found, the risk of dying from COVID-19 isn’t much higher than from getting in a car accident driving to work. In California and Florida, the fatality risk for the under-65 crowd is about equal to driving 16 to 17 miles per day. While higher in hot spots like New York (668 miles) and New Jersey (572 miles), the death risk is still lower than the public perceives. The risk climbs especially for those over age 80. According to the Foundation for Research on Equal Opportunity, Americans over 85 are about 2.75 times more likely to die from COVID-19 than those 75 to 84, seven times more likely than those 65 to 74 and 16.8 times more than those 55 to 64.(21)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.