COVID-19 RNA Based Vaccines and the Risk of Prion Disease

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 RNA Based Vaccines and the Risk of Prion Disease

Post by TheBrain »

MarcR wrote:This topic has prompted the moderation team to refine its practices. You can read about it here.
This sounds like a good policy, but I have a question. Can we link to preprints? Medical papers are coming out fast and furious, and the publication process seems to move slowly.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Post by MarcR »

If it follows the scientific method, I would consider citing any paper. Conversely, I would be reluctant to cite even a peer-reviewed and published paper that relies upon hearsay, is opaque regarding its experimental methods and calculations, or draws illogical conclusions from its results.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

MarcR wrote:If it follows the scientific method, I would consider citing any paper. Conversely, I would be reluctant to cite even a peer-reviewed and published paper that relies upon hearsay, is opaque regarding its experimental methods and calculations, or draws illogical conclusions from its results.
Thanks, Marc. Good distinctions.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
Dod
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dod »

Hi Julie G.

I stand by my mouse versus elephant comment, this is to illustrate the RELATIVE importance not to belittle anyone’s suffering from the disease. Caveat below.

Heart disease, Cancer, AD, Diabetes are all ongoing “pandemics” getting worse year-on-year, resulting in many times more deaths.

You included a link about CDC death figures from COVID. I have already referred to the way statistics have been used in the last 18 months and we need to look at the definition of deaths from COVID ie dying after positive result from the thoroughly discredited PCR test. We literally have seen people who have died in traffic accidents counted as COVID deaths. Authorities have admitted that if in doubt COVID should be written in the death certificate. The CDC themselves admitted that 94% of “COVID deaths” had co-morbidities. The figures are therefore unreliable to say the least.

On the decrease in life expectancy article you also linked, again we need to dive into the detail. I have no idea how they can say life expectancy has changed by looking at 6 months data, but even if they can, how do they distinguish between deaths caused by lockdown policies and real deaths from the disease? Health services restricted for all non-virus patients – how could hat not have a significant effect on mortality? There are also sky-rocketing suicide rates. (Actually I have no doubt that life expectancy in the West is in decline due to the increased in the real pandemics, in turn due to unhealthy diets and lifestyles).

We also need to consider that there are effective, easy treatments for Coronavirus, especially if caught before the inflammatory stage which usually starts in the second week. Again I reference the frontline doctors protocols. If this was widely admitted and publicized there could be no emergency authorization for the vaccines, which relies on there being no alternative treatment available. Therefore it will never be recognized until the vaccine receives full approval from the FDA etc.

From the very start we had a remarkably clear picture of who was at risk and who was not. Children had next to zero risk from Covid. Anyone with high serum levels of vitamin D had vanishing risk (I don’t know if you still get censored for saying that). Leptin resistance (usually goes hand in hand with insulin resistance) is an important underlying state allowing the cytokine storm of the inflammatory stage. Knowing who is at risk means focused protection was possible reducing the overall importance of the disease.

I agree that all-cause mortality is the way to assess the death toll. For Ireland (where there has been a very strict lockdown regime) total deaths in 2020 are indistinguishable from the previous 5 years. In the UK you only have to go back to 2008 to see higher total death rates than 2020. In January 2018 20,000 people died in the UK from the flu in one month, most people had no idea, and certainly weren’t hiding under (or wetting) their beds.

How has COVID touched me?

I almost certainly caught it around Christmas 2019 not knowing what it was. I went to bed early for a few days and otherwise ignored it. Admittedly I had longer term effects the same as the last time I caught the flu years ago, basically tiredness and aversion to cold temperatures. But at the same time I had the stress of seeing the world around me going bonkers and losing the capacity to process the real data and proportionately rank risk, that certainly had an effect on my well-being in 2020.

Apart from that, I know 2 people who complained of being very ill from covid, which matches the 2 people I know who were hospitalized by the vaccine. I know one person who was recorded as a COVID death – she was 99 years old with dementia who had no COVID symptoms but had a positive PCR result from a routine test – go figure. She did not see her family for the last 3 months of her life because of restrictions (in place for the benefit of the elderly!?). My mother, in her 80s with AD, also had a positive PCR result from a routine test, but had no symptoms and nothing came of it.

My children did not travel to see their grandparents in 2020 for the first time ever. My son was selected to travel to an important international sports tournament that he was over the moon about until it was cancelled. You only get to be 13 once.

I lost income due to the international restrictions PROVEN to have had zero effect on viral outcomes.

Here is a COVID quiz that I thought people might be interested to take (it is UK focused, but hopefully of interest to many).https://www.hartgroup.org/quiz/covid-19-quiz/

My caveat being that none of us have any idea what will happen next winter as a result of over-vaccination when people come across the wild virus. I hope that the theories on mass vaccination causing resistant strains, and antibody dependent enhancement do not materialize. Not least because unvaccinated are already being blamed in advance.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Heart disease, Cancer, AD, Diabetes are all ongoing “pandemics” getting worse year-on-year, resulting in many times more deaths.
Yes, COVID is a novel virus and therefore can't be compared to ongoing "pandemics" but it is far from inconsequential at the moment per my link above based on this paper, published in JAMA which supports your position re. heart disease and cancer, but not diabetes, influenza or Alzheimer's.
You included a link about CDC death figures from COVID. I have already referred to the way statistics have been used in the last 18 months and we need to look at the definition of deaths from COVID ie dying after positive result from the thoroughly discredited PCR test. We literally have seen people who have died in traffic accidents counted as COVID deaths. Authorities have admitted that if in doubt COVID should be written in the death certificate. The CDC themselves admitted that 94% of “COVID deaths” had co-morbidities. The figures are therefore unreliable to say the least.
Do you have any scientific references that you can share to refute the CDC's provisional life expectancy estimates for 2020?
How has COVID touched me?
Thank you for sharing. You’re very credible when you speak from your experience... which beautifully makes my point. Your health and the health of your loved one's have been minimally impacted by COVID leading you to suggest that COVID information is being exaggerated. Instead, I think that you've been very lucky unlike myself many of our other members.

Rather than using his platform to share your opinions about the pandemic, may I suggest that you instead bring the conversation back around to how the vaccine causes prion disease (the topic) or better yet, how it specifically impacts our allele.
Dod
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dod »

Hi Julie G,

I have nothing to add regarding prion disease, I was drawn into the thread because of the “shut-up, take it, do what you’re told, and don’t ask questions” which I objected to because it is divisive and therefore counter productive. I will only take any medication for sound medical reasons and bullying would only make people more wary. This whole episode has been marked with deceit from certain quarters and shutting down discussion.

My view on the jab from the beginning has been that it is not necessary for most people. For example, as professor Ioannidis from Stanford University made clear last year, for the middle-aged and younger the flu is more dangerous. The WHO had to acknowledge his work because they couldn’t ignore someone of his standing. https://www.who.int/bulletin/online_fir ... 265892.pdf

As I stated earlier I therefore never focused on side effects of the jab, and would have been anyway more concerned about unknown long-term effects years later. It is increasingly difficult to ignore, however, that there are short-term problems for many people, most notably arising from blood clotting from the spike protein. I’m sure there will be other negative effects to a greater or less extent as with all pharmaceuticals, and if prion disease is one of them it would not make much difference to my decision making. I will therefore be alert to any new information but not spend too much time investigating it.

Regarding changes to life expectancy estimates since the start of the pandemic (a reference made by you) - my comment was not so much that the figures are right or wrong but what they mean: if the figures change because death rates changed in the last year or so, they will change back again if the cause proves transitory. Also, any change in all-cause mortality over this period cannot be attributed to only deaths from COVID, as deaths resulting from the massive economic decline and reduction in health care for the established major diseases, because of the decisions of our glorious leaders not the disease, will make up an unknown but significant part of the figure, therefore the change does not conclusively tell us about the importance of the disease itself (ref the mouse and elephant comparison).

It actually just occurred to me to ask the question: given that the average age for COVID deaths was at or around the average age of life expectancy anyway (81 or so years old), does that mean a reduction of life expectancy over the period could therefore NOT be attributable to COVID deaths? Anyway, I was supposed to move closer to the topic not further away…
Dod
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dod »

Apologies for extending the topic, but this discussion that I just saw deals with exactly what I have been saying regarding closing down the discussion. Bad language in the last couple of minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiLGSVH_UPA
ApropoE4
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ApropoE4 »

Will the moderation team delete the New York Times too?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/tech ... d=tw-share
ApropoE4
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ApropoE4 »

Dod wrote:
It actually just occurred to me to ask the question: given that the average age for COVID deaths was at or around the average age of life expectancy anyway (81 or so years old), does that mean a reduction of life expectancy over the period could therefore NOT be attributable to COVID deaths? Anyway, I was supposed to move closer to the topic not further away…
Life expectancy at age 81 (or whatever your local population life expectancy might be) is around 8 years and therefore a death from covid at age 81 shortens a person's life by 8 years.

One of the truly amazing facts about covid is that, in a typical western population with high incidence of obesity and related conditions, it shortens life expectancy uniformly across all age group 18+ - approximately by one year. How is that possible you ask? well, a 20 year old has a life expectancy of 62 years and therefore every death causes a much greater loss in lived years than that of an 81 year old.

Another fact is that the number of viable virus variants is linear in the number of copies of the virus, with extra points for copies of the virus that are presented with a weak human immune system. Therefore, getting vaccinated doesn't just protect you from losing a year of your life, it also helps reduce the chances that your older neighbor will get infected and will incubate an immune-escape mutation.

To put things in perspective - if one true immune vaccine mutation develops every year (this is of course a very pessimistic outcome, but a possible one) and no effective treatment is found (because we are really not very good at treating viral diseases) then humanity will lose one full year of life expectancy every year.
ApropoE4
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ApropoE4 »

Dod wrote: It is increasingly difficult to ignore, however, that there are short-term problems for many people
I think it's very useful to replace "many people" with actual figures when discussing safety.

A quick google search says about 350 cases of vaccine related clotting have been reported.

Let's assume there's always under-reporting and the number is 10 times higher.

This is 3500 out of over 3.5 billion doses. A one in a million chance.

Odds of blood clotting in serious (ICU) covid cases - one in five.

Odds of covid getting you to the ICU - around one in a hundred.

Multiply both and you get one in 500. You can claim there are more asymptomatic cases than thought and it would still be one in a thousand or so.

So now we know a good estimate for how much the vaccine helps reduce your odds of covid related blood clots - around a thousand times.