COVID-19 RNA Based Vaccines and the Risk of Prion Disease

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

COVID-19 RNA Based Vaccines and the Risk of Prion Disease

Post by TheBrain »

While going down a rabbit hole, I came across this article (the title is in the Subject line) in Microbiology & Infectious Diseases. The journal is peer-reviewed.

https://scivisionpub.com/pdfs/covid19-r ... e-1503.pdf
ABSTRACT

Development of new vaccine technology has been plagued with problems in the past. The current RNA based SARS- CoV-2 vaccines were approved in the US using an emergency order without extensive long term safety testing. In this paper the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine was evaluated for the potential to induce prion-based disease in vaccine recipients. The RNA sequence of the vaccine as well as the spike protein target interaction were analyzed for the potential to convert intracellular RNA binding proteins TAR DNA binding protein (TDP-43) and Fused in Sarcoma (FUS) into their pathologic prion conformations. The results indicate that the vaccine RNA has specific sequences that may induce TDP-43 and FUS to fold into their pathologic prion confirmations. In the current analysis a total of sixteen UG tandem repeats (ΨGΨG) were identified and additional UG (ΨG) rich sequences were identified. Two GGΨA sequences were found. Potential G Quadruplex sequences are possibly present but a more sophisticated computer program is needed to verify these. Furthermore, the spike protein, created by the translation of the vaccine RNA, binds angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), a zinc containing enzyme. This interaction has the potential to increase intracellular zinc. Zinc ions have been shown to cause the transformation of TDP-43 to its pathologic prion configuration. The folding of TDP-43 and FUS into their pathologic prion confirmations is known to cause ALS, front temporal lobar degeneration, Alzheimer’s disease and other neurological degenerative diseases. The enclosed finding as well as additional potential risks leads the author to believe that regulatory approval of the RNA based vaccines for SARS-CoV-2 was premature and that the vaccine may cause much more harm than benefit.
[Emphasis mine]

I hope people smarter than me can poke holes in it.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
Nords
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: COVID-19 RNA Based Vaccines and the Risk of Prion Disease

Post by Nords »

TheBrain wrote:The enclosed finding as well as additional potential risks leads the author to believe ...
I have to admit that I'm getting a bit cynical about these alarmist conclusions with peer-reviewed appeals for additional funds to support the author's continued investigation.
Author of "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement". Royalties go to military charities.
Co-author (with my daughter): "Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation FI."
To contact me, please send a PM.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Nords wrote:
TheBrain wrote:The enclosed finding as well as additional potential risks leads the author to believe ...
I have to admit that I'm getting a bit cynical about these alarmist conclusions with peer-reviewed appeals for additional funds to support the author's continued investigation.
That's a good point, Nords. Frankly, I'm cynical about everything right now.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

TheBrain wrote:I hope people smarter than me can poke holes in it.
I am not the person smarter than you to poke holes in this but I did hear this addressed by someone who is in a far better position to evaluate it than I am: Dr Bredesen. He was asked about Covid-19 vaccine and Prion Disease. He says that the paper is theoretical . It suggests that the vaccine could increase misfolded proteins. In Dr Bredesen’s view, the speculative theory is not particularly strong. It is a theory, not something proven. He said that we have misfolded proteins all the time and can clear them from the cells. Misfolded proteins alone do not Prion Disease. Is his opinion, prion disease from the vaccine is unlikely. But he also added it is impossible to be 100% sure.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

floramaria wrote:
I am not the person smarter than you to poke holes in this but I did hear this addressed by someone who is in a far better position to evaluate it than I am: Dr Bredesen. He was asked about Covid-19 vaccine and Prion Disease. He says that the paper is theoretical . It suggests that the vaccine could increase misfolded proteins. In Dr Bredesen’s view, the speculative theory is not particularly strong. It is a theory, not something proven. He said that we have misfolded proteins all the time and can clear them from the cells. Misfolded proteins alone do not Prion Disease. Is his opinion, prion disease from the vaccine is unlikely. But he also added it is impossible to be 100% sure.
I'm taking pre-orders on my misfolded protein Halloween costumes. No two are alike!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

circular wrote: I'm taking pre-orders on my misfolded protein Halloween costumes. No two are alike!
:lol:
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Dod
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dod »

Nords wrote:
Maybe, but the best thing to do with conclusions that may be overly alarmist is to get them out in the open and discuss them, otherwise they will just fester. Many people I know and their families have taken the shot without taking the shortest time to educate themselves about it seemingly because friends, celebrities and (even worse) politicians have told them to
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

floramaria wrote:
A belated thank you for sharing this information from Dr. Bredesen. It's encouraging.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

floramaria wrote:
circular wrote: I'm taking pre-orders on my misfolded protein Halloween costumes. No two are alike!
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Dod wrote:
Nords wrote:
Maybe, but the best thing to do with conclusions that may be overly alarmist is to get them out in the open and discuss them, otherwise they will just fester. Many people I know and their families have taken the shot without taking the shortest time to educate themselves about it seemingly because friends, celebrities and (even worse) politicians have told them to
Dod, I agree with you. Most people I know didn't do their own research, whereas I've been OCD about it. And there has been so much censorship about the vaccines, effective early treatment options, etc. Even highly credentialed experts who have information to share that doesn't fit "the narrative" have been censored. It's appalling. (I use DuckDuckGo.com as my search engine because it doesn't censor search results.)

Personally, I don't know enough to intelligently contribute to any debate, but people like Michael Yeadon, former Pfizer VP, and Robert Malone, the inventor of mRNA technology, sure do. Before Dr. Malone spoke out, he was given credit in Wikipedia as the inventor of mRNA technology. Because his concerns about the mRNA vaccines don't fit "the narrative," he's since been scrubbed from that Wikipedia page.

It's nefarious, IMHO.