Support Team

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Gratefuldawg
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Support Team

Post by Gratefuldawg »

Welcome Sylvia! So glad you are here with this group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Welcome SylvieJ! Wonderful to have you join us!
bucci_angel
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Support Team

Post by bucci_angel »

sylvieJ wrote:Thanks Julie!
I'm very excited to be a part of this forum and to help in anyway I can.
I live in Toronto and have two small children. I've been studying nutrition for almost 10 years and I am currently enrolled in the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy. I met Julie in December at the Bredesen training and really wanted to become involved in this community to learn more about the disease and offer my assistance. Thanks for having me!
Hi Sylvie.....I too am from Toronto and was wondering if you could suggest or if you know of a good functional doctor my mom was diagnosed with dementia-AD last september and am trying numerous items on Dr. Bredesen's protocol......

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
sylvieJ
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sylvieJ »

Hi Bucci_angel
Here is my email, I may have a contact for you. sylvieostramwasser@gmail.com
bucci_angel
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Support Team

Post by bucci_angel »

sylvieJ wrote:Hi Bucci_angel
Here is my email, I may have a contact for you. sylvieostramwasser@gmail.com
Hi Sylvie.....I tried sending an e-mail but would not let me it said that there was something incorrect about the address

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
TCat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TCat »

Hi bucci_angel

I’ve also got ‘undeliverable…’ message trying to contact Sylvie yesterday. I did get though with single quotes around her e-mail address: 'sylvieostramwasser@gmail.com'.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I'd like to encourage everyone to use PM (personal message) instead of publicly sharing your personal email addresses- just to protect you as we are a public forum. To use our PM system, simply click on a member's name. You'll be taken to a screen that allows you to contact that person. It's pretty intuitive, but please contact me on this thread or at juliegee@apoe4.info if you can't figure it out. Sylvie will be in Central America for a few weeks and likely not as responsive as she would normally be. For our Canadian friends, this link will show you the IFM practitioners that are trained in Dr. Bredesen's protocol. Please note that not all are physicians. I'm sure Sylvie has some additional insight (as do I) if you want some further info. TCat, apologies for not getting back to you about this sooner.
TCat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TCat »

No problem, Julie. You’ve posted IFM info for all of us to see on several links and I was able to get the list I was looking for.

I’ve also contacted MPI directly through the link you’ve posted. Interestingly, these two sites gave me different lists (mildly overlapping) so I am kind of confused about it.

By the way, MPI will soon have updated list with all the March 2017 participants names.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Over the next few days, we're going to begin training our first batch of Functional Medicine Coaching Academy interns to serve as Support Team members. Initially, they'll be identified as New Users or Contributors, but once they've fulfilled their training and first three posts, you'll see them sporting lovely blue Support Team badges so that you can easily identify them. Additionally, we'll update our Support Team schedule once all of these requirements have been met and we have everyone on board.

These interns are highly qualified to be offering support to our members. Many already have a background in the health community or other related fields. All have completed the requirements for their FMCA coaching certifications with the exception of their practicum which they are doing with us. Some have even attended Dr. Bredesen's training or other specialized training with a focus on optimizing cognition. They all have a special connection to our community which I hope they'll reveal in their introductions.

Additionally, you can request one-on-one coaching with these folks at the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy Clinic if you'd like ongoing personalized support. The first 45 minute session is free of charge. Additional sessions are quite inexpensive (less than $5.50 for 30 mins.) depending on what package you choose. You can find more information here. Please join me in offering these volunteers a warm welcome.
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

A huge thanks and welcome to the new volunteers! This is a big step forward for us. And thanks to Julie, for so tirelessly working to advance our cause.