Belated intro from Alysson

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

(((Alysson)))
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Belated intro from Alysson

Post by Welcomeaboard »

Alysson,

Lillybritches I think is or was peri menopausal and is on hrt. Stavia is a medical doctor and is on hrt but I think is beyond peri menopausal and both have said they get better sleep after on hrt biodentical.
I am not an expert nor a woman. They are women and so is kitano.
I would suggest also looking into this as there was a story on 60 minutes where a male doctor made a statement that a lot of studies exclude women due to pesky hormones.
I basically hate the term pesky hormones but it does bring up the issue that men are physiologically different than women. Being that you are 54? hrt biodentical hormone replacement may be what is needed if the glycine does not work.
My recommendation is to talk with your doctor as well as the women that have found relief as well as that may be your relief.
Quit worrying as we will get this fixed with the knowledge of the doctors such as Stavia and Dr. Bredesen and you will be fine.
Sandraz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sandraz »

Hi (again) Alysson!
Just posting to say how much I enjoyed meeting you last week!

Alysson and I had a mini-metup in person for coffee/tea right after Christmas. How great it was to talk to you...you are so knowledgable about so much health stuff! As is everyone here.
I feel so lucky to be able to learn from all the super smart people here...

Happy New Year everyone and thanks!
Sandra Z
E4,E4
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Welcomeaboard,

Thanks for identifying your gender, not that it really matters. But it can be impossible to tell with some of our pseudonyms. I wonder if I should have used a name other than my first name because I might be “found out.” But I did a Google search on “alysson,” and there were 933,000 hits.

I had no idea there is a French actress named Alysson Paradis!

And I don't know whether being “found out” would really bother me anyway. I need to think about that more.

Instead of waiting for my 1-lb bottle of glycine to arrive via UPS, I ventured out and bought a small bottle today. I'll start my experiment tonight.

My family doctor specializes in bioidentical hormones, and I'm hoping she'll be on board as my participating physician. And yes, I will definitely follow up with these other women about their experiences with HRT.

Telling me to quit worrying is like telling me to stop breathing. :-) Oh, I'm not that bad, really. I'm much better than I used to be, but this E4/E4 thing scares me, so my stress level is higher than usual. I'm still adjusting to my new reality, but I do believe that ultimately, I (and everyone else here) will be fine.

But in my defense, I do have two copies of the worrier gene: COMT rs4680 (A/A). Per SNPedia: rs4680(A) = Worrier. Met, more exploratory, lower COMT enzymatic activity, therefore higher dopamine levels; lower pain threshold, enhanced vulnerability to stress, yet also more efficient at processing information under most conditions.

Which reminds me: I'd like to look at other SNPs related to Alzheimer's disease risk. Is this information captured anywhere on this site?
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Try this link on the wiki for other snps:

https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/Alzheimer_genetics
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Sandraz wrote:Hi (again) Alysson!
Just posting to say how much I enjoyed meeting you last week!

Alysson and I had a mini-metup in person for coffee/tea right after Christmas. How great it was to talk to you...you are so knowledgable about so much health stuff! As is everyone here.
I feel so lucky to be able to learn from all the super smart people here...
Sandra, I so enjoyed meeting with you as well! Our three-hour chat could have easily turned into a six-hour conference. :-) I look forward to our next get-together.

I, too, feel lucky to be able to learn from all the smart folks on this site. My learning curve will be much shorter than it would otherwise be.

Alysson
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

SusanJ wrote:Try this link on the wiki for other snps:

https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/Alzheimer_genetics
Thanks, SusanJ!
Alysson