My latest Lipids

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
PhillyFree
Contributor
Contributor

Re: My latest Lipids

Post by PhillyFree »

@Julie, I've heard very good things about the Cyrex allergy testing panels. Food sensitivities/allergies are usually on a gradient scale. Many people find they're sensitive to just about everything to some degree or other, very common, but if they eliminate the worst and widely rotate the rest every 5 days or longer (does not apply to gluten and whole wheat lectins which must be eliminated entirely) then they don't have to be deprived as they might think when they get the report back.

@ Silver and Julie, On dumping, in the case of post-bariatric (which doesn't apply to you), the problem can be liquid meals (e.g. juices, smoothies), or too much liquid with a meal, usually resolves with small meals of very nutrient-dense solid food. You talk about carbs and dumping, but I just wondered if liquids were a factor also.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: My latest Lipids

Post by Julie G »

Yeah, Philly, a Cyrex gluten panel revealed my gluten sensitivity, but I found another assay that tests the top 20 (?) most common allergens/sensitivities. I suspect I may have issues with dairy, so I think I'm going to spring for that test too. Nice to hear about rotating offending foods. I like a tiny but of cheese now and then :D