Introduction; Hypertension Medication; Nilvadipine

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Ski
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Introduction; Hypertension Medication; Nilvadipine

Post by Ski »

bladedmind - I also suffer from cold urticaria btw.
bladedmind
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by bladedmind »

GeorgeN, thanks for your detailed information and practical suggestions. I’m grateful that you took the time to help me out.

I’m not salt sensitive. I’ve tested my BP multiple times per day under excessive salt and minimal salt conditions: no difference. However, when circumstances are stabilized I am going to try the potassium addition. Right now I’m adjusting to the Losartan and will visit an angioedema clinic this Friday to check for arthritis and such (although my CRP is .10). I’ve had no further dramatic symptoms but still a bit of hand heel puffiness. It could be too much salicylate – checking my standard diet most of my foods are salicylate strong. And over this same period I had a rash response to green olives and food intolerance reactions to high-polyphenol olive oil.

I have probably mild metabolic syndrome – mild Type II diabetes, mild hypertension, BMI 25. I can’t do VLC again. I’ve done it twice. For six months in 2003. I was cognitively compromised the whole time, fatigued, and felt like dying whenever I was physically active. Blood pressure and blood glucose were great! For three months in 2012. The same, but the cognitive impact was worse even in the absence of exercise and took six months to regain cognitive capacity. I know that many people blossom with VLC, I wish I was one of them. I switched to Perfect Health Diet, LC, which I feel good on.

The Newcastle Diet – VVLC for a short period – I reversed diabetes with VLC. Unfortunately I also felt like I was dying, every day the second time I tried it. And upon departing from VLC mild Type II returned each time. My A1C is 5.7, fasting glucose 116. Would like it to be better.

Again, thanks for your caring advice.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Wow, the USA has such a thing as an angio-oedema clinic. Wow.
You guys don't realise the scale of what you have access to.

Bladed I guess you gotta do what you feel the best with. Hba1c isn't too bad. Can you increase your exercise to improve your insulin sensitivity? A teeny dose of metformin mebbe?