NMR Data Sample

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: NMR Data Sample

Post by circular »

Good heavens, I've missed this whole thread until now. How 'm I going to get time for all this? lol!

How 'bout adding a column for Omega 3:6 ratio for those who have it tested? I've only read part of page one, so maybe this has been done.

I'll have to send you my numbers to add.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
MarkES
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MarkES »

Juliegee wrote:@ Mark, YES, I recently re-read that Liposcience link and recalled the odd discrepancies there- inexplicable as they give the same reference for both :?: And, I know Dr. Dayspring (and many others) tend to use the LDL-P of 1,000 for everyone, BUT it is quite interesting that the test makers themselves recommend different goals depending on risk levels
I agree Liposcience limits should be represented as-is. It's good to consider the various common practices, as well.

Kresser uses LDL-P<1000 for everyone as well as things like Simon Broome criteria and Reynolds Score for those >1000, considering them a higher risk.
circular wrote:How 'bout adding a column for Omega 3:6 ratio for those who have it tested? I've only read part of page one, so maybe this has been done.

I'll have to send you my numbers to add.
No problem. NMR numbers would be great, too, if you have them.
ε3/ε4
RBK
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RBK »

Good grief. I just read all of this from before I joined the forum. The learning curve makes me wonder if I should just go back to my normal eating habits that resulted in great labs, keep doing what I'm doing and hope for the best! :?
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Well shoot, no time to read this whole thread before my 2 pm primary care appointment, when I want to ask for lab work. Will duplicate Health Diagnostics Laboratory results from last year, plus some other things.

I did spot discussion comparing Apo B and LDL-P and questioning whether they're more or less exchangeable. FWIW, my results from HDL last year show me intermediate risk under Apo B but optimal for LDL-P. What do I make of that?
MarkES
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MarkES »

I don't have an answer to your question, circular, but would like to see you post your history of data.
ε3/ε4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Hi Mark,

I gather we can't add a row ourselves at the Wiki page. I tried earlier today. Cancelled the doc apt until tomorrow due to a migraine, so I have a little more time to think about what I want done.

The HDL lab work is quite extensive, so I have a lot more than others are posting. This is from Jan. 2013. Sorry I don't recall just what I was eating then, but most likely a kind of paleo/Mediterranean, if that makes any sense, same as these days. Not unusual for me to eat fish (salmon and sardines) every day, sometimes twice. Note good fatty acid ratio and homocysteine, but still some inflammation and oxidative stress. Results are "Optimal" unless stated otherwise. I don't know what all of this means:

LIPIDS
TC: 173
LDL-C: 85
HDL-C: 68
TRIG: 69
Non-HDL-C 105

LIPOPROTEIN PARTICLES AND APOLIPOPROTEINS
Apo B: 73 (INTERMEDIATE RISK)
LDL-P: 881 (this lab uses <1000)
sdLDL-C: 18
% sdLDL-C: 21
Apo A-I: 165
HDL-P: 38.6
HDL2-C: 23
Apo B:Apo A-I Ratio: .44
Lp(a) Mass: 11
Lp(a) Cholesterol: not tested

INFLAMMATION/OXIDATION
Myeloperoxidase: 403 (INTERMEDIATE RISK)
Lp-PLA2: 165
hs-CRP: 1.4 (INTERMEDIATE RISK)
Fibrinogen: 357

MYOCARDIAL STRESS
NT-proBNP: 85

GENETICS
Coagulation and Platelet Genetics: Normal
ApoE 4 = 3/4

METABOLIC
Insulin (non-fasting) 17 n/a
Free Fatty Acid: .28
HbA1c: 5.1
Estimated Average Glucose: 99.7
Vit D: 47
Homocysteine: 7

HAVE STEROL ABSORPTION AND SYNTHESIS MARKERS TOO
(Hyper cholestanol and cholestanol ratio)

INDEX
HS-Omega-e Index: 11.5

OMEGA 3s
Omega-3 Total: 14.6% (.1-14.1)
ALA: .1 (.1-.4)
DPA: 2.9 (.6-4.1)
EPA: 2.1 (.1-2.5)
DHA: 9.4 (.1-8.4)

OMEGA 6s
Omega-6 Total: 27.9 (28.6-44.5)
AA: 13.3 (10.5-23.3)
LA: 9.9 (4.6-21.3)

OTHER
cis-Mono Total: 15.7 (11.5-20.5)
Saturated Total: 41.6 (36.6-42)
Trans Total: .3 (.1-1.8)
Last edited by circular on Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

The other things I can think of to test, if a test is available and covered, are pentosidine (urine) which apparently measures advanced glycation end product activity. Since I take 1200 SAM-e (s-adenosyl methionine)/day I need to check folic acid and B vits to be sure the SAM-e isn't causing those levels to go down. I supplement those so I should be okay.

Is there anything key to AD prevention I'm missing?
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hey Circ, I'm just about to do another round of testing too :roll:

How about the cardiac inflammation marker Lp-PLA2 that G recently posted about? Apparently, it's more indicative of inflammation than CRP in E4 carriers. Don't forget about checking homocysteine when thinking of inflammation; still valid and really important for us.

Vitamin D level and A1c might be good to check too.

Selfishly, I'd love to see you do an NMR as opposed to other lipid testing. There's something very simple about comparing apples-to-apples. Although, I can also see benefits to repeating the same test you did last year to monitor changes.

Best of luck, girlfriend. Be sure to share results with us :D
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Hi Juliegee, You may have missed my post just above the one it looks like you read. I posted all my results from last year that I plan to repeat, incl the things you mention. I had asked my doc for regular blood work and back came this huge panel from HDL labs. I'd never seen advanced lab work so just thought I'd get the usual small handful of generalized stuff. This was when I learned of my 3/4 status. It was in the panel. I hadn't even requested it or been told I'd have it. Anyway, it's over $3000 of lab work that my doc has an agreement with HDL ... if insurance doesn't pay, neither do I! Insurance didn't pay; neither did I! Not sure if I can keep getting that or not.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I don't know what to make of some inflammation markers being elevated and not others. For Pete's sake, do they each measure a different inflammation, and if so, what are the differences! How can some be optimal and not others?