Traveling alone

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
tesslo
Contributor
Contributor

Traveling alone

Post by tesslo »

Probably in my 50's I started traveling alone because everyone else was working and I was not and if I wanted to do something I would just go! after finding out my "status" I am apprehensive because I remember many stories in the news of people who had be found wandering and believed to have Alzheimer's. One that stood out was a woman who went for a drive and wound up on the other side of the country..

There is a "sudden onset" type of Alzheimer. I don't think I have any signs nor does my doctor or family but I have been apprehensive about traveling except for public transportation train or direct non stop flight because I think that might not be wise. Is that being too cautious or prudent? I am 62 and no health problems
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Traveling alone

Post by Julie G »

(((Tesslo,))) perhaps the worst part of knowing our E4 status is the hit we take to our sense of safety and well-being. I get it. From how you described your cognitive status and health; I say enjoy. See the world :D
ktg000
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Traveling alone

Post by ktg000 »

For what my uneducated opinion is worth I'd say do it. If we sit around waiting to get Alzheimer's one day then what's the point. I know I'm still young(ish) but I think I'd be more inclined to do things like that now than I would have been before knowing.
K
ε4ε4