36 mother of 4 young children. Petrified

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
tesslo
Contributor
Contributor

Re: 36 mother of 4 young children. Petrified

Post by tesslo »

36 mother;
Half of all people with Alzheimer's disease do not have one APOE4 (per 23&me) gene so that is not a death sentence actually it is a blessing to know because that means you can do something preventative and even prevent other disease. I do not have a first line relative who has Alzheimer's.
I have always ate well and exercised moderately. The earlier you start the better and your kids will benefit from lifestyle changes as well if you do not already do so
I would tell your family to enlist some help for stress reduction, and that is my biggest concern and possibly why women and some ethnic groups have higher rates of the disease. I am 62y/o and a 3/4 with no signs of memory impairment at this point. Reading all the info out there is building new pathways in my brain...
Remember also that what works for one may not for another but the basics are the same for everyone, we are unique but the same....
Apoe3/4
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Apoe3/4 »

Hi all,
My meeting with the genetic counselor was very informative. I feel better (although still have some anxiety) the fact is that although we Do have a higher than average risk, it's only one piece of a large puzzle. I keep reminding myself of that. This forum has been a wonderful tool for me. I have a power point that the counselor gave me I will post for everyone.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

(((Apoe3/4))) I'm so glad you feel better. Yes, it's just one piece of the puzzle and epigenetic RULE :D !!!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Wonderful Apoe3/4, so good to know you're finding your balance with it.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.