Update on my ongoing cancer evaluation...

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Hubbs
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Update on my ongoing cancer evaluation...

Post by Hubbs »

(((Cir))) I understand all the stress you are having. Maybe a Sunna or massage session will help!
E3/E4
MTHFR compound heterozygous (C677T and A1298C)
A1c5.7/LDL-P1602
All advices appreciated :)
Silverlining
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Silverlining »

Circ, as Star said, the waiting is the worst. Maybe a couple of really compelling fiction reads, and a few good movies will help pass the time. Exercise and deep breathing will help. I'm feeling hopeful that all is well!
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

Cir, fingers crossed for you. So many of your posts, I completely relate to such as the fasting challenge, OSA, IR, including the scholarly work, etc...so I'm such a big fan. We're rooting for you.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

(((Circ))) I'm hoping and praying that your latest ultrasound will clearly show you don't have cancer, and that's the end of it all.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
bentkat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bentkat »

(((Circ)))
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Circ, thinking of you. Un abrazo muy fuerte. xo
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Circ...we're all with you here. Get lots of rest, try and stay positive (I know it's hard!) and update us when you can. Sending warmest wishes your way!
JulieAnnie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by JulieAnnie »

Circ. Thought you might be interested in this study showing lower risk of cancer for Apoe4's.

[url][http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2635 ... tation/url]
JulieAnnie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by JulieAnnie »

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Thanks everyone for all the kind thoughts. Sometimes I wish this board was a little facebooky and I could click a little Like icon by posts.

Second ultrasound didn't appear to show much different that I'm aware of, but I opted not to get copies of my US reports so the big words wouldn't scare me even more. A different surgeon came in who was writing the report on the second US and we had a good little chat. What I heard from her was much the same as from the radiologist during the first US, but not a lot of detail or context. She evaded my direct question about what percentage of this type of cyst on ultrasound turns out benign by saying 'There are just too many variables to know'. What she was really answering was my real question: What are my chances? I guess if anything I felt reassured that she seemed to agree with my surgeon that the status of this thing cannot be guessed at, so that's better than 'probably cancer' :-)

I gather surgery won't be until the 15th. My insurance wouldn't speed up pre-approval because apparently it's not 'life threatening' using their criteria. I'm calming down for the waiting period. I wish it were Tuesday, but I truly did need a break to regroup after all this, which I wouldn't have time for otherwise. I'm bone tired.

I do think I have a good chance this is benign, or maybe early stage if cancer, just not completely out of the woods. One tumor marker is ever so slightly elevated, CA19-9 at 39 U/mL where the range is 0-35. I'm hoping it's a blip, but my surgeon mentioned it a couple times.

I'm feeling more optimistic. The problem has been that not one medical person has said, 'there's a decent chance this is benign'. All I keep hearing is, 'You need surgery. This could be cancer but we don't know without the histology' blah blah.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.