Update on my ongoing cancer evaluation...

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Update on my ongoing cancer evaluation...

Post by KatieS »

Cir, The early morning slot is perfect as the team is fresh (less errors have actually been documented) and less waiting once you're checked into the hospital. We're all sending positive thoughts your way.
Hubbs
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Hubbs »

(((Cir))) sending lots of peace and love your way!
E3/E4
MTHFR compound heterozygous (C677T and A1298C)
A1c5.7/LDL-P1602
All advices appreciated :)
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Benign pending final pathology in two weeks :-) Got to come back home. Feeling awfully gnarly and drugged but so relieved to be on this side of it.

Surgeon told me today it was 50/50, and that was the first time anyone would offer an estimate, but the whole scenario has been speaking to me of just that. Now to get past the final pathology report but I certainly got good news for now!

Funny, it took two pathologists to evaluate and they don't know what type of cyst it is! My surgeon was in on trying to interpret the mysterious growth and it caused surgery to be about an hour longer, but both pathologists believed it was benign and my surgeon appeared confident of that while being clinical about the need for final confirmation in two weeks. I have to try not to worry myself about that. So hard to totally let go before it though, but I will try! My surgeon removed both ovaries and Fallopian tubes and a bit of my omentum (most of it still there) to be on the safe side. The cyst was completely contained in the ovary with no breaks and no signs of disease in the neighborhood.

Thanks so much for all your support!

Cheers! Martha
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Really great news circ!
Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

Whhhhaaaa??? OMG, Martha. I had no idea! But OMG so glad that it's benign! Wow. You must have been sweating major bullets. Hugs big time!!!
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Oh Honey, I've been holding my breath all day. Very good news. I know it's not the final word...but things certainly look much brighter now...phew. I HATE that you still have to wait 2 weeks. I'll continue to send positive energy wrapped in unicorns and rainbows. Rest & heal, sweet Circ.
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

Thanks for posting the reassuring news so quickly after surgery. We are breathing relief and wishing you a rapid recovery.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Circ,

Thanks for the update. Keeping good thoughts for a benign report in two weeks!
Tincup
E3,E4
Jean
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jean »

(((Circ))) I was holding my breath, but this is all good and am believing in the very best outcome for you!
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

Circ, I'm so glad your surgery is over and you are in good spirits. Sending you hugs, yippies and wahoos at the good news. I hope the two weeks pass quickly until you get word. Thank you for letting us know how you are doing.
Starfish