New RU442

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New RU442

Post by ru442 »

Sunset the other evening
20170216_151612.jpg
Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Male 4/4 56 yrs., "Live, Laugh, Love"
Nancy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nancy »

Wow, that's GORGEOUS!!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Picture perfect! Your photos relax me in absentia!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ru442 »

Wow I didn't realize I haven't updated my story in a while... well here goes.

Since October of 2016 I have not re-tested labs as we ran out of insurance (sigh!) and really could not afford to do so. While my lipidologist pushed me onto yet another statin last year, I sat back and really started to evaluate the need. I continued on the single statin until I ran out last October and then did not re-fill, as I was beginning to get some muscle soreness in my triceps in both arms (could be diminished muscle mass, but why take chances?). I've stuck to my protocol, and my lipid numbers are greatly improved anyway, so I'm taking a chance for now.

The first of this year we now have insurance, so next decision is do I go see my GP/Cardiologist/Lipidologist and hear the same ol same ol? Not! I found a Bredesen training practitioner 20 minutes from me, I've scheduled a consultation for 3/21. After describing my journey and what I expected to get out of the doctor, the assistant agreed that RECODE was probably not needed. So we will focus on optimizing my interventions based on the lab results, as the cognitive aspects are not an issue for me.

While I don't know yet if they take insurance, I'll access that once I meet with them. In any case, this is a positive step in the right direction, provided there is a fit with this doctor. Once I have more information, I'll post to the practitioner thread if I have a positive experience.

I'll leave you with a kewl pic on a warm Florida evening from our trip this year, made me think about all the possibilities we have in the future, and how fortunate we are to live in this beautiful world!
20180224_220051.jpg
RU
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Male 4/4 56 yrs., "Live, Laugh, Love"
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Thanks for sharing RU.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk