New RU442

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: New RU442

Post by SusanJ »

Ru, sorry about the numbers, but I'd like to add you certainly have the right attitude about it all. Good luck for the next test!
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ru442 »

SusanJ wrote:Ru, sorry about the numbers, but I'd like to add you certainly have the right attitude about it all. Good luck for the next test!
Thanks.... and I would not be where I am at without all of you and this wonderful place. Before I came here I didn't believe there was anything I could do... and yet here I am healthier and happier than I have been in practically all my life.

I also hope that my story and my journey will show others that there is hope, something can be done about it, and while we can't fix everything, you can make your life and future significantly better. Lastly never give up.... the Cubbies did it against all odds... we can do it too!!
Male 4/4 56 yrs., "Live, Laugh, Love"
Thx4thegenes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Thx4thegenes »

Thinking of you RU442!
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Ok honey. Not unexpected.
The thing is to look to the future and what you can do to prevent an event.
What is important for the next step is if there is critical stenosis. A stress echo will tell this. If it is positive then an interventional angio with a view to stenting anything critical will be recommended. If it is negative, an MR angio won't add any extra data. And either way you unfortunately need to most likely stay on the statin and aspirin. But the main thing is to look ahead positively. You are doing everything to prevent an event and can be very proud of your hard work.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

{{{RU442}}} It's it's any comfort, we have other members with similar high scores that continue to do very well. You can't be doing anymore than you are, my friend. I'm beyond proud of you for all of the improvements you've made. Best of luck with your stress test on Friday. Please let us know the results. I suspect your heart is very strong since you made it though last night's game. Nail biter to the last second... Yay Cubs! XO
Nancy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nancy »

I know this must be hard news to receive, but as everyone has stated, you are doing all the right things. You are so impressive, RU, in attitude, self discipline, and wisdom. I am adding you to my prayer list.
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ru442 »

So did the stress test this morning... didn't even break a sweat, so I've got that going for me :wink:

Will see what the real results are next week.... have a great weekend all!
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: New RU442

Post by Stavia »

ru442 wrote:So did the stress test this morning... didn't even break a sweat, so I've got that going for me :wink:

Will see what the real results are next week.... have a great weekend all!
Waiting to hear results:) . Have a relaxing weekend honey.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Excellent sign. I'm hoping for good news too. XO
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ru442 »

So good news... stress test normal. Back to normal life now and getting ready for holidays... first time around with holiday food choices, will be interesting to say the least! Think I am safe with turkey (pastured from local farm). Will through in some sweet potato and some veggies... stuffing is temping but last go around with grains made me ill so not worth the cheat!