August Meet-up Dinners

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: August Meet-up Dinners

Post by Tincup »

Parking

There is a lot next to the UMC map
Euclid AutoPark

Open 24/7, Euclid AutoPark (EAP) is located between Broadway and 18th Street (east of the UMC) and is a "Pay by Plate" paystation lot. You will need to have your license plate number to pay at any of the paystations located at each pedestrian exit.

The EAP parking rate is $2.00 per hour up to three hours, during the hours of 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM. After three hours, the rate is $4.00 per hour. The parking fee is $4.00 from 5:00 p.m. until 7:30 a.m. each weeknight and all day Saturday and Sunday. EAP paystations accept payment by credit card, coin and Parkmobile (Zone 6334). This parking garage is subject to special event parking arrangements.
More info
Don't know if the AHS has made any parking arrangements...

Also saw this:
Temporary permits are available to campus affiliates and visitors at the PTS customer service window, 1050 Regent Drive. Date and display these permits when needed. For additional visitor parking options, view our Visitor/Short-term Parking page.
Cost
One day $9.00
One week $16.00
Pay with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, check or cash. Temporary permits are not refundable and parking is assigned in lots that PTS knows to be available for temporary periods.
Here: URL
Tincup
E3,E4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

My plan (from afar) is to try to walk as much as possible. VERY hot weather or rain could derail me... Thanks for the helpful info, George!
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Thank you George darling!
Susan - I am in favour of planning the night before and packing in Tupperwares.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Stavia, I'm with you. Grab and go in the morning. We can make a Wed night stop at the monolith after dinner.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

perfect Susan. I shall bring tupperwares and a little bottle of olive oil that we can share. I will feel much more secure if we can plan a day ahead.
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

How far is the conference from the hotel? Is it walking distance? For those of us that are not driving, is there a recommended taxi service to get to dinners?
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

We can Uber if necessary Starfish. I won't leave you behind promise :)
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

Stavia,
I'd love to learn how to use Uber. Do I need to do something to sign up in advance to be able to use it? I'm used to driving at home and have not had occasion to learn how to use it.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Starfish77 wrote:Stavia,
I'd love to learn how to use Uber. Do I need to do something to sign up in advance to be able to use it? I'm used to driving at home and have not had occasion to learn how to use it.
Though I've not used it either, you shouldn't need to plan ahead. However I'd download the app, get an account and get familiar before you come, here. Here is their help

There will likely be enough of us with cars to give rides.
Starfish77 wrote:How far is the conference from the hotel? Is it walking distance? For those of us that are not driving, is there a recommended taxi service to get to dinners?
Starfish, it is a 20 minute walk to the conference, from the Best Western, see here.
Tincup
E3,E4
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Starfish, it's about a mile to walk to the UMC from the hotel. Boulder has Uber and regular taxi service. There is also good bus service - a short walk to Broadway from the hotel and you can catch a bus right to the UMC.

I'd suggest we all meet at 5:30 Wednesday at the hotel lobby and see how many cars we have between us all. We might be in pretty good shape to get people to dinner and it would give us time to get Uber or a cab if needed. And then we can figure out the following nights.

We'll make sure that you get where you need to go, one way or another!