August Meet-up Dinners

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: August Meet-up Dinners

Post by Julie G »

I'm really getting excited about our meet-up in Boulder, in particular, our dinners! Dr. Bredesen's wife, Dr. Aida Lasheen, is VERY focused on ApoE4 nutrition- especially our exaggerated response to SFA. It looks like she and Dr. B will be at several of the dinners. To have them, Dr. Wahls and Dr. Gundry all gathered together at one table working on optimal nutrition for our population will be EPIC. Huge thanks to Katie for her heroic efforts in organizing this. More details will soon follow.
BeKindToYourMind
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BeKindToYourMind »

KatieS--We will be now be 3 people instead of 4 on all nights.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Thought I'd throw out the question of lunch here instead of starting a new thread.

They are giving us 1.5 hours for lunch. There are a few options on the Hill, but I can't really vouch for any of them except for the ones I'd avoid. I have no clue how decent the UMC food choices are. The bus goes down Broadway into the downtown, but the time might be tight for that.

Was thinking I might pack a lunch each day? I'd have a little more control over my food. And I'll have a car since I'm driving in, and it would be easy to get to a nearby whole foods to stock up, so I could take others as well.

Let me know what you all are thinking about doing for lunch, assuming that you are indeed a lunch eater like myself. ;)
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Susan,

T will pack & I'll fast, but happy to join in for conversation!!
Tincup
E3,E4
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

whole foods please!! we can contribute to gas costs
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Stavia wrote:whole foods please!! we can contribute to gas costs
We'll give you a ride... I could not figure out in which building(s) the program is being held. Guessing, it is a 10-20 minute walk to WF, just south of campus, depending on which building we are in. An easy walk. We will take care of you!!
Tincup
E3,E4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Ah, looked on my tickets - the University of Colorado Memorial Center (UMC). Google says a 15 minute walk to Whole Foods- map

Also a 20 minute walk from the Best Western to the UMC - map

And 10 minutes from the Best Western to Whole Foods - map
Tincup
E3,E4
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

I was thinking of getting food the night before and skipping the mid-day walk. Could be really hot, could be raining cats and dogs (August can be monsoonal in Colorado - I'll have the hubs, a retired research meteorologist do a forecast for us). So I was thinking I could do the brown bag thing, and then do a little walk around campus if it's sunny (plenty of shade on campus)

So, I'll make arrangements Wed night with anyone wanting to do the stock-up-at-WholeFoods run. After Wed's dinner we'd be close to the Whole Foods monolith on Pearl anyway. You'll see what I mean if you go. :lol:
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I find it really difficult to manage my eating schedule when I'm traveling. I love the idea of a Whole Foods run during our lunch break or preferably the night before. I look forward to witnessing the "monolith" concept, Susan ;) I also love how close everything appears to be. Thanks for checking, George.
evelynanne
Contributor
Contributor

Post by evelynanne »

Hi all! I would have chimed in sooner but I have been in France for 3 weeks and just returned. FYI, Dr. Wahls and I do not, unfortunately, get in until pretty late on the 10th--so we won't be able to make the meet-and-greet. We will be sorry to miss this but we will both be at all the other dinners!

Eve