I've had a reversal of cognitive decline...and want to share what I've learned...

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Shine
Contributor
Contributor

Re: I've had a reversal of cognitive decline...and want to share what I've learned...

Post by Shine »

Hi Colourful

What an inspirational post for a newbie to read. Thanks for sharing. I am at the start of my Bredesen journey.

If you don’t mind me asking how are you going now that a couple of years have passed? Are u still taking all those supplements?
colorful
Contributor
Contributor

Re: I've had a reversal of cognitive decline...and want to share what I've learned...

Post by colorful »

Hello Sharon,
Thanks for your supportive post. I am doing really great!! I feel completely back to where I was before all the symptoms started in my 40's. I've even regained some skills I had lost, like speaking foreign languages and sight reading music/playing piano. And as time passes, I feel more and more confident that the protocol has not been just a temporary fix. I am still taking all the supplements, along with doing everything else in the protocol. I have now added in bioidentical hormones, too. I think it is important for me to stay the course with everything so I don't back slide. On the few occasions when I couldn't follow the protocol (travel, illness), I did notice a change in my clarity, and had to redouble my efforts as soon as I could to get back to where I had been.
Good luck!! And just know that following it gets easier as time goes by!! IIt really does!!!!
Shine
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shine »

colorful wrote: Good luck!! And just know that following it gets easier as time goes by!! IIt really does!!!!
Thanks so much for taking the time to provide me with an update! I really appreciate it & hope I can write a similar post one day.

I hope u don’t mind if I ask you some questions along the way...

All the best
TWBD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TWBD »

Thank you, Colorful, for sharing your journey. Like Kit said, this compels me to kick my own ass and do better! So much is at stake, but we can beat this and your story is truly inspiring.
APOE 3/4
ncjlhp
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ncjlhp »

This is one great story and an inspiration to those of us that are still so confused about what we should be doing and why. I too am going to kick my own ass and do better as a result of your experiences!
Jan,
APOE2/4
claudia
New User
New User

Post by claudia »

Hello, do you know if Dr. Bredesen's protocol works for advanced stage alzheimer?
Thanks
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

claudia wrote:Hello, do you know if Dr. Bredesen's protocol works for advanced stage alzheimer?
Thanks
Good Morning claudia and Welcome to the community.
Based on your question, it sounds like you have a loved one or someone close to you dealing with Alzheimer's Disease. The results seen with the Bredesen Protocol regarding late stage AD can vary based on the individual and their unique journey with the disease. There are a few members who have experienced positive results with their loved ones in later stages by following a few of the principles. Here is an inspirational post about trying the protocol in advanced Alzeheimers that you may find helpful.

To find additional posts, you can search the discussion Forums by clicking on the "spyglass" to the left of your name and type in a word(s) (such as late stage) to bring up previous threads. A great resource to help you figure out how to navigate this site is How To Get The Most Out Of The ApoE4.info website found in the Wiki. The Wiki is a great resource for a deeper dive into various topics. You will find the portal into the Wiki in the headings above your name.

When you have a moment, we'd love to know more about you and your story by starting a new thread in the Our Stories forum.

I believe that you will find this to be a very informative and supportive community. Hugs to you for being courageous and reaching out and asking a question.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
claudia
New User
New User

Post by claudia »

Thank you very much for your response. I really appreciate it and went over the post you sent me. In yours you mention that a few advanced staged AD patients improved, a few of how many of this type of patients?
Thanks again, i will start a new post too.
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

claudia wrote:Thank you very much for your response. I really appreciate it and went over the post you sent me. In yours you mention that a few advanced staged AD patients improved, a few of how many of this type of patients?
Thanks again, i will start a new post too.
Hi claudia,
I don't think that there is a statistical number to give you on this. Improvement can have so many different meanings based on where the individual is at and what is contributing to their cognitive decline (there could be between 10 and 25 different contributors). Each person will need a personalized approach to find the right combination for them. It can take 3 - 6 months or more to see an improvement too. An improvement in late stage AD could be something like decreased agitation, improved continence, or increased alertness. The post that I gave you the link to is particularly inspiring to me as small changes and lots of love can go a long ways.

I look forward to reading your new post and learning more about your story.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
Berri
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Berri »

Dear Colorful,

As the others have said, you are truly an inspiration. I am especially thankful for your story because I, too, am APOE 2/4. I am told over and over how lucky I am to be 2/4 but I could not determine whether that meant I need not worry so much or if I would be just as likely to drift into dementia. I see now that yes, indeed, I had better not grow complacent.

My father and his five siblings, plus eight people in the next generation fell into dementia between ages 78 or so, to 82 or so. I am nearly 85 but I see now -- not out of the woods.

Thank you so much for sharing.