Community Biomarker Archive

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Community Biomarker Archive

Post by MarcR »

The community biomarker archive is back online.

The introductory instructions include a non-obvious tip for maintaining privacy as you use the archive, so I recommend that you read the instructions at least once before opening the spreadsheet directly.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Community Biomarker Archive

Post by Julie G »

Huge thanks to Marc for reviving this!!!

I warmly invite everyone to share any of your new (and old!) lab results on our community spreadsheet. Through sharing, we not only learn from one another's experimentation; but various researchers and physicians have also begun looking to our group for data. As you can imagine, there's a lot of interest particularly in our diet and advanced lipid interaction. The experts are turning to us for information. We can best help them by accurately chronicling the results of our N=1 experimentation and documentation. As citizen scientists, we have the opportunity to advance the understanding of the APOE-ε4 allele. Please share your biomarkers to allow your experience to guide others. Let us know if you experience any problems with the spreadsheet. We'll do our best to help.
DanH44
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by DanH44 »

MarcR wrote:The community biomarker archive is back online.

The introductory instructions include a non-obvious tip for maintaining privacy as you use the archive, so I recommend that you read the instructions at least once before opening the spreadsheet directly.
I couldn't find those instructions.
Dan
e3/e4
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Post by MarcR »

Thanks for reporting this, Dan. The recent site upgrade broke 53 links from the forums to the wiki. Those are now fixed.
Ganesha
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ganesha »

Any trick to saving data? I am not an Excel user and while I have read through the instructions and have now entered my recent data, I don't know how to get out of the spreadsheet and have the data stay. Help, please.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Any trick to saving data? I am not an Excel user and while I have read through the instructions and have now entered my recent data, I don't know how to get out of the spreadsheet and have the data stay. Help, please.
You data is entered. Whatever you did, worked. By sharing diet/biomarker info, we continue to learn. Thanks for sharing, Ganesha.
The recent site upgrade broke 53 links from the forums to the wiki. Those are now fixed.
Whoa, I had no idea. Thanks, Marc. This is a great opportunity to give a shout out to both you and Teezer. Huge thanks to our IT team, who tirelessly keep us up and running, 24/7. Your work is appreciated.
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

Thanks just entered my results! It is useful to see others and what they have been doing. (and also changes we make ourselves over time). In terms of saving, I didn't have to, just entered it, and it came up next time I loaded it.