Eye problem

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Eye problem

Post by KatieS »

Reluctantly, I'm posting that I will not be going to Boulder due to this sudden eye problem. My husband had a 3rd cardiac hospitalization this week and I developed these fleeting cobwebs. Well, I thought it was just stress-induced floaters, but as it turns out I have bleeding, so will be monitoring. Funny how my almost 99 y/o mom has suffered with trifocals all her life, and me with the 20/20 vision has this!

I'm so disappointed that I won't be meeting all of you during this conference. The dinners are set and our dear Julie can alert restaurants if more join in last minute.
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Eye problem

Post by Starfish77 »

I am so sorry about your eye problem and your husband's cardiac hospitalization. We will miss you in Boulder. We appreciate all your hard work in setting up the dinners. I will try to take good notes and perhaps we can get together sometime when convenient for you and you feel up to it.
Sending good wishes and concern for you and your husband.
((((((((((KatieS))))))))))
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

We will miss you greatly, (((((Katie.))))) Huge thanks for all of your help putting our dinners together. I know how much hard work this has been. I'm so sad you won't be there. I'm sending lots of love to you both. XO
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

darling Katie we will be thinking of you and missing you. I am intending on doing a day by day blog on our forum for all our members who are with us in spirit but unfortunately not in body.
(((((Katie)))))
Nancy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nancy »

Very sad news. I am praying for both of you.
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

Thanks for all the kind wishes. Definitely will follow Stavia's daily blog.
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Oh no! I'm so sad for you, KatieS. I was looking forward to meeting you and thanking you for all your hard work in person. Now you won't be able to enjoy the fruits of your work. You must be terribly disappointed, I'm so sorry. Sending lots of healing thoughts your way.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

(((Katie))) and many healing thoughts for your husband.
Tiramisu1984
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Tiramisu1984 »

Please feel better! I'm sure this was a hard decision! Both of you need some TLC.
thumperama
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by thumperama »

Hi Katie

I am just now seeing this and fully understand your reference. So, so sorry. Best wishes to you and your husband.

All the best,

Chris