Support Team

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Support Team

Post by JML »

Hi, I'm Julie and I am also a Functional Medicine Coaching Academy candidate (Feb 2017 Class). I live in the Chicago area and have a Foods & Nutrition background. I am so excited to become part of the Support Team as part of my practicum. I was introduced to ApoE4.info, Julie G., and the Bredesen protocol when I accompanied my dad to the Bredesen Immersion in March 2017. I am helping my mom implement the lifestyle changes for my dad, and I am just starting to work with a FM/Bredesen-trained physician to learn about my own genetic status and plan for how I will live the rest of my life. I look forward to interacting with all the members and to offer whatever support and coaching that I can to help the community thrive.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Thanks for joining us CarrieS! Apod once posted about a fermentation system he'd bought online that looked like it might simplify the process, but I can't find the name or link. It would be great if you feel inclined and when you're ready, you start a thread in the prevention board about fermentation: why you do it in the context of e4, how etc. I'm sure a summary from your standpoint would be a good starting place from ours. I've also wanted to do some of this to reduce the costs of my fermented veggies.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

Hello all, I have long been studying cognition, and have a special interest in nutrition. I'm from FMCA, just beginning my Practicum, and am honored and delighted to be here with you. I have been studying herbal medicine, Ayurveda, Integrative Medicine, and Functional Medicine for the last few years - and have seen significant improvement to my own health. I look forward to interacting and helping in any way I can.
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Welcome Julie, Carrie & Jirela.

We're glad you are here and look forward to your contributions!!
Tincup
E3,E4
Nancy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nancy »

Yes, welcome to all of you! And thank you!
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Sara »

Greetings! My name is Sara and I too am a Functional Medicine Coaching Candidate. Within the last year my adopted sibling was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease. Being the closest surviving family member I set about learning as much as I could. And so my journey began by rereading Grain Brain, participating in an on-line summit last summer called 'Awakening From Alzheimer's' to finding and taking to heart Dr. Bredesen's teachings. I learned that there is definitely hope for stopping and even reversing the progression of Alzheimer's disease; and perhaps most importantly that the earlier in life we begin to make changes for a healthier lifestyle, the greater the impact will be on all areas of our lives and health! That is why I am excited to work with the ApoE4 Team and look forward to bringing hope and health to our participants and even becoming a healthier me!
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Welcome CarrieS, Julie, Jirela and Sara! It is just wonderful to have you on the Team. Your support, experience and enthusiasm for the cause means so much to all of us.
raj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raj »

Hello my name is raj. I am from Surrey , BC on the west coast of CANADA in the Pacific Standard Time zone. I am a student with the Functional Medicine Academy going through my Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach and have a keen interest in making my focus to specialize and coach AD clients I am here to join the group to participate, contribute, learn and share practical experiences that I get to deal with at work with clients that I work with and also at home with family members that have shown signs of early onset Alzheimer's Disease. I look forward to giving my best of participation and gain to the maximum extent possible in the learning and experiencing the nuances of research and the practical application of theories, practices and techniques that have evolved in the recent times making the long standing belief that AD is not manageable and has not solution, untrue. I have just started getting to know and understand Dr Bredesen's research and the Protocol for MPI Cognition. I am very excited to be part of the group here and am looking forward to the times ahead.

We had a fantastic Canada Day on the 1st of July and to you all in the USA would like to wish the very best on the occasion of your Independence Day.
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Sara »

Welcome to the group and happy belated Canada Day Raj! I look forward to working with you and getting to know you better. I too hope to incorporate all of this learning into supporting my family and my coaching practice!
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
Lav55der
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lav55der »

Hi! My name is Sue. I am a student in the FMCA. I have been a nurse for 37 years. I have worked with patients in many settings such as clinic, hospital, hospice, mental health and long term care facilities. I chose the ApoE4 practicum experience because the area of dementia and memory support has been a specialty that I have cared about for many years. I have worked with patients already diagnosed with cognitive changes and provided nursing care and support to them and their caregivers. I saw this practicum as an opportunity to gain new understanding and compassion for those who been diagnosed with the genetic predisposition and what their journey may be like. My mother-in-law developed dementia later in her life. My husband, children and myself witnessed how the loss of cognition and memory affects the entire family and the grieving process that comes with it. I am grateful for this opportunity and looking forward to meeting new members.