Support Team

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
ajackson
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Support Team

Post by ajackson »

Hi I'm Alma and also a student of the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy. My background is in nursing and I am so excited to be here! My dad died of Alzheimer's and I want to learn everything I can, especially prevention strategies, to help myself and others avoid this disease. I have been interested in aging and cognition for a long time. It was part of my focus for my PhD. As I said earlier, I am just so excited to be here!
Jafa
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Jafa »

Hello, Dr. Jafa and I are sitting out on the beautiful Stradun in Dubrovnik, refueling with the excellent European espressos. Our internet coverage has been intermittent to say the least, so head for cafes which generally have free wifi. I'm missing checking the forum daily and have on occasion screenshot the latest postings while it's available, to read later. I just wanted to welcome and thank all the new (and positive) support people. Much appreciated. Happy 4th July to all those who celebrate this festive day.
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Sara »

Greetings Sue and Happy Fourth of July! I look forward to working with you and learning more together!
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

Welcome Sara, Raj and Sue. You all sound as if you have a lot to contribute as health coaches. We are so glad to have you with us. We are getting so many new members we can certainly use the extra help on the support team.
jolicoeur
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jolicoeur »

Hi! My name is Lucie and I’m very happy to join the APOE4 team. I live in the Toronto area now. I’m studying at the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy to be a health coach. The program is absolutely amazing. I want to help people to find their way to wellness step by step, being healthy, having energy and happiness. Because it is possible! There is so much we can do. My mother suffered from dementia and we didn’t know at that time what to do.

In 2013 I took the decision to take a year-off to change my lifestyle. Circumstances helped me to listen to my ‘little voice’ . I knew I had to do something. And I did. And it was one of the best decision of my life. It lead me to a whole new path that I’m so grateful for.

I was obese, very stressed, taking metformin and statin and on a path of high risk for diseases. I changed completely my life by weight training 4-5 X a week, changed my nutrition plan. In 2016 I must have listened to 150 experts on different on line summits and realize that I had to do something with all this info as well as the fact that I transformed myself and I felt so good- and still do. I went further by going organic all the way, grass-fed meats, wild-caught fish, low-carb but a lot of veggies, gluten-free, dairy-free, a lot of good fats, nuts and seeds, and changed the personal hygiene and household products, to name just a few!

I read a lot!!! One of my character strength is ‘love of learning’. I just love to know and learn!!!! I have a degree in molecular biology. Let’s say that I ‘m curious to know about the studies. When you know, you can do something, you can take the decision to change!!! It’s the 1st step!!!!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
FMCA /Bredesen's ReCODE for coaches
AFMCP (IFM November 2017)
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

What an impressive support team! Love it!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

Jolicoeur, What a great example of the possibility of changing one's lifestyle you are. We are so fortunate to have you with us.
Starfish
jolicoeur
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jolicoeur »

Thank you so much!!!!!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
FMCA /Bredesen's ReCODE for coaches
AFMCP (IFM November 2017)
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Hello! My name is Marie and I am another of the FMCA Wellness Coaching candidates who is excited to be joining the support team.
On my mother's side, there have been 3 generations (that we know of of) of dementia; my mother died from A.D. 2005 after 7 years of obvious decline. I was very active in her care, and while I have been interested in health and optimal well-being since I was a child, via my mother's interest in nutrition and exercise, with her illness I began reading extensively about AD. I have always known that I am at risk so it was no surprise when in May I was tested by 23&Me and learned that I am heterozygous for ApoE4.
In 2010 I began having resting tremors and other symptoms that my doctor believed were early Parkinson's Disease. Reading about neuroplasticity, looking for some sign of hope, I was very moved both intellectually and emotionally by the work of Norman Doidge. I began working with "Meditations to Change Your Brain" by Rick Hanson and Richard Mendius. Through lifestyle changes, including daily practice of meditation and qigong, I was able to reverse all the symptoms and am now a certified Qigong instructor.
The first time I saw reference to Dale Bredesen's work where cognitive decline was actually reversed, I was amazed. Having read 100's of articles on AD, I'd never seen a study with those results. I found the Buck Institute study and read it, and have followed Dr Bedesen's work online since then. I immediately began making many of the lifestyle changes he recommended for all of the patients. Late last year when I began calling MPI Cognition with the idea of contacting a doctor who had been trained in the Bredesen Protocol, one of the women I spoke to there gave me the idea that with my passion for the subject, I might be interested in being trained in the Protocol. That is what led me to sign up with FMCA, which I did with the specific goal of working to end AD. In March 2017, I attended Reversing Cognitive Decline Training with Dr Bredesen. I feel so fortunate that I am living in this time when there have been so many breakthroughs in the areas of neuroplasticity and brain health, and am convinced that through lifestyle interventions we can all escape the ravages of AD.
I am grateful for the opportunity to work with ApoE4,Info, and am so impressed by the wealth of information and the supportive community here. You all are awesome! The scope of knowledge is fantastic. There is much for me to learn from the Forums and with my FMCA training, I hope to also be able to contribute to the community.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
raj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raj »

Hello to you all again, this is Raj from the support team coming from the Functional Medicine Academy students. I wanted to share some specific excerpts from "Reversing Alzheimer’s Disease" a presentation by Dr. Dale Bredesen, MD that took place at Silicon Valley Health Institute on November 17, 2016. It is available in excellent quality on you tube. While watching the presentation I have made specific notes and the exact timings of where Dr Bredesen discusses significant facts and figures relating to AD and also his research findings and records of accomplishment after administering his creation Dr Dale Bredesen's protocol. The presentation should be watched completely at least twice to appreciate how much of search and research has gone into the development of the protocol. given below are the most significant markers.

1. @12.50 case exhibit of how "ReCODE" reversal of cognitive decline worked.

2. @18.45 typical timeline assertion from Dr Bredesen with a 70 year old man.

3. @20.20 proof of improvement on ReCODE and neuropsychologist's testimony and confirmation of how he was surprised to see such results.

4. @26.00 our Julie G and ApoE4 mentioned and appreciated by Dr DR Bredesen.

5. @ 44.40 the case of the patient who had off the limits readings of mercury levels and had done very well.

I will be posting more specific timeline series from videos as I go through my research and find some.