Support Team

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Support Team

Post by Stavia »

I am delighted to announce the formation of a support and welcome team. We have grown to such a size where the Board felt this was necessary. If you search apoe4 on google, we are the second hit. In addition we are getting many emails from researchers and press. The workload on Julie has been unsustainable, and the Board considers that her exceptional talents are best used in liaising with researchers and press and that a support team should be formed to take care of the individual and personal support needs of our members.
I will be leading the support team. Julie will no longer be the first port of call for personal, individual support. She will be forwarding such PM's to our team as appropriate.

Some new members find us and are interested primarily in the science, some members arrive in distress. We are very much aware of this, and to meet the latter's needs we have formed a support team. Members of this team are volunteers, and will be available on a rostered basis if a new or existing member feels they would like to reach out privately for support. Please remember the team members all have busy lives with work and other commitments, so they are available within reason. Most support is best met on the actual forum, where our collective response is what our Board feels our community does very well.

Roster is (subject to change of course as people have lives!)

Monday: Lucy5
Tuesday: Starfish
Wednesday: Stavia
Thursday: Nancy
Friday: sylviej
Saturday: RU442
Sunday: Slacker

If anyone else wishes to volunteer for this role please PM me. (The Board has final say on new members of this team)
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Support Team

Post by SusanJ »

Thanks to the support team for signing up!!! Your generosity is very much appreciated! :D
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Ditto- huge thanks to everyone for stepping up. Your help is GREATLY appreciated :D.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Support team members names will be in a nice restful blue. Carlygold is confirmed for Fridays.
Any volunteers for Sundays? You get a nice blue colour name and a great team to work with.....
Nancy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nancy »

Looks like my favorite color: purple-blue :)
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

I'm a purple-blue enthusiast too. I'm wearing it right now.
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

I've been on a 95%+ break from this group for a while as I go to various doctors for mystical health problems, and move over an ocean (the latter challenge having now eclipsed the former as the most challenging part of my life). To see all these new (and some familiar) "faces" volunteering to help with our vitally important project is fantastic! Thank you all so much!
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

Gilgamesh,
How great to hear from you! I hope you get some astute sorcerer working on those mystical health problems so you can be back in action with us. We miss you. You mention moving across an ocean. Does that mean in our direction? We have missed you at our past two conferences and hope to meet you in person when you can arrange it.
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Starfish, thank you. Yes, I've moved back to the U.S., and I definitely plan to do my best to be at the next get-together!
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

Gilgamesh,
Thank you for the happy news.
Starfish